Pictured: What happened when the world's smallest man met the woman with the longest legs
One is the smallest man in the world, the other is the woman with the longest legs and the instructions from the former to the latter when they met this morning: 'Don't look up.'
At just 29.37in tall, He Ping Ping's little head barely reaches Svetlana Pankrtova's knees.
But then, her legs do go on a fair way - measuring 51.96in long.
A right knees up: The world's smallest man, He Ping Ping, and the woman with the longest legs in the world, Svetlana Pankratova, get together in London this morning
At 6ft 7in from head to toe, Pankratova is well short of being the tallest living woman. That honour goes to Yao Defen, who stands 7ft 9in.
But the Russian's relatively short body means that those pins are the longest ever recorded for a woman.
An impression she seemed keen to emphasise this morning by wearing what appeared to be the world's shortest skirt.
Not that He Ping Ping seemed to mind, happily posing underneath Pankratova's legs - and he even had a sneaky look up.
The 20-year-old had jetted in from his home in northern China to help launch the latest edition of the Guinness World Records Book in Trafalgar Square, Central London.
Brought to book: Little and large on the steps of the National Gallery this morning. The pair appear for the first time in this year's edition
Craig Glenday, the book's editor, recently told the Daily Record newspaper how much he enjoyed his work.
He said: 'It's a great job, and there's so much travel involved. Earlier this year I did my own world record for travel, which was 44 hours non-stop.
'I was in Inner Mongolia meeting He Ping Ping, the world's shortest man (74.61cm) who actually lives quite near Bao Xi Shun, the world's tallest man (2m 36.1cm).
'I was on my way, via Paris, to Chile for a flight to Antarctica with the band Fall Out Boy, who were trying to set a record for the shortest time it would take to play on every continent in the world.
'Unfortunately the weather was so bad that we couldn't make it in the end.'
The Guinness World Record Book is out tomorrow.
PinpPing sits on a piles of the new book while Pankratova stretches out her long, long legs
More of the world's weirdest records!
It is one of the best-selling books of all time, published in 25 languages in more than 100 countries.
Now - in its 54th year - the book of Guinness World Records features more weird record-breakers than ever before.
Most watched News videos
- Car on the wrong side of the road dramatically slams into horses
- Man downs bottle of tequila for bet then dies minutes later
- Pepper spray road rage in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Racism in the street as muslim man goes on tirade against Polish
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hand in hand at friends wedding
- Grumpy basset hound just wants some love and attention
- Surfer brazenly riding gargantuan is swallowed in stunning clip
- Explore the luxurious hotel hosting Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Gator strolls through golf course in Florida carrying a large fish
- Inmate launches terrifying attack on detention officer
- Carnage and mayhem as brawl erupts outside a Bristol nightclub
- Sinister moment turkeys perform 'death dance' around a dead cat