X-Men director Bryan Singer is accused of new sex assault in New York
- The NYPD said a criminal complaint had been filed against Bryan Singer on May 9, 2014
- A man in his 20s alleged that Singer, 48, forced him into a sexual act against his will last year
- However, no charges have been filed against the Hollywood director
- Two other civil lawsuits were previously filed against Singer for alleged sexually assault – but both have been dropped
- Singer's lawyer said that his client had not been contacted over the most recent sexual assault allegations
X-Men director Bryan Singer has been accused of committing a new sexual assault against a man in his 20s in New York City last year, according to the New York Police Department.
The criminal complaint was filed with the NYPD on May 9, 2014, alleging that Singer forced the man into a sexual act in New York against his will on March 23, 2013 according to Buzzfeed.
However, while no charges have been filed against the well-known Hollywood director, law enforcement officials said an investigation has been launched.
Allegations: Bryan Singer has been accused of committing a sexual assault against a man in his 20s in New York City last year
It’s not the first time that the hit movie maker has faced allegations of sexual assault against boys.
Two civil lawsuits alleged that Singer had sexually assaulted teenage boys – but both have recently been dropped.
The first, filed in May, by an unnamed British man known as ‘John Doe 117’ claimed that Singer had drugged and sexually assaulted him in a London hotel when he was a teenager.
The man withdrew the case in July 2014.
The second case against Singer was filed in April by former aspiring actor Michael Egan, 31, in which he accused him of sexually abusing him during trips to Hawaii when he was 17.
Accuser: Michael Egan III, dropped his lawsuit against director Bryan Singer on Wednesday
But he dropped the case on Wednesday after reportedly being unable to find a lawyer who would represent him.
In 1997, a
14-year-old extra accused Singer of asking him and other minors to film
a shower scene in the nude for the film Apt Pupil.
A lawsuit was filed but dismissed for insufficient evidence.
According to Singer’s Twitter feed, he was in New York and Jersey on March 23, the date the most recent assault is alleged to have taken place.
He tweeted: 'Reviewing previs on way back to Montreal. Got out of NYC before the storm,' from what appears to be to be a private plane.
In another tweet he was pictured outside a Denville Dairy and wrote: 'In Jersey, visiting the folks.'
Tweet: On March 23, Singer tweeted 'Reviewing previs on way back to Montreal. Got out of NYC before the storm'
Tweet: According to Singer's Twitter feed, he was 'In Jersey visiting the folks' on March 23
The complaint filed against Singer is described as a ‘criminal sexual act.’
Under New York law, a ‘criminal sexual act’ usually relates to an adult having sex with someone who is underage.
Singer’s lawyer, Martin Singer, told Buzzfeed: ‘Neither my client nor any of his representatives have been contacted by the NYPD, or anyone else about an alleged criminal investigation of my client.
‘My client did not engage in any criminal or inappropriate behavior with anyone in New York or elsewhere.’
He added: ‘False investigations are filed all the time and no action is taken by the authorities.’
Singer is a prolific filmmaker and has directed big budget Hollywood films which include Superman Returns and The Usual Suspects.
His most recent film, X-Men: Days of Future Past, was released in May and has grossed more than $744 million worldwide.
Most watched News videos
- Transgender woman begs for life prior to being beaten to death
- Mum-of-two belts out incredible rendition of Beyonce's hit Listen
- Great Danes make themselves comfy in king-sized bed
- President Trump surprises visitor group touring the White House
- Sad panda rushes to keeper after being bullied by sibling
- Ecologist feeding crocodile weeks before losing his leg to one
- The Manly ferry tackles huge swells over the weekend
- How LOW can you go? When does gym wear cause a reaction
- CCTV captures moment British rape victim enters petrol station
- 'I just got hit by a train': Teen calls 911 after losing his legs
- Tour group erupts in cheers as they're surprised by Trump
- Coach collides with truck as driver dozes off at the wheel