George Michael's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz says it is a 'beautiful day' but remains tight-lipped on date of singer's funeral
- Fadi Fawaz was seen leaving his house this morning in Regent's Park, London
- He told reporters it was a 'beautiful day' but did not comment on the funeral
- Yesterday, Mr Fawaz, 43, said he had been portrayed as a 'monster overnight'
- Details of Michael's private funeral have been a closely guarded family secret
George Michael's boyfriend today remained tight-lipped about the star's funeral as he stepped out in London and commented on the 'beautiful day'.
Fadi Fawaz was seen leaving his house in Regent's Park this morning to go for a walk.
The former hairdresser did not comment on Michael's funeral, but described the weather as 'beautiful' and told reporters to have a 'lovely day'.
George Michael's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz (left and right) today remained tight-lipped about the star's funeral as he was seen going for a walk in north London
Emerging from his house today, the 43-year-old told reporters he would not be commenting.
He added: 'Have a lovely day. I am going for a walk.'
Asked when the funeral was, he said: 'No, you cannot ask.' He added: 'It's a beautiful day isn't it, a really beautiful day. '
Details of Michael's private funeral have been a closely guarded family secret.
After the service, the singer will reportedly be buried in a plot next to his beloved mother Lesley at Highgate Cemetery in North London.
Michael, who died suddenly on Christmas Day aged 53, was known to be very close to his mother and it is understood the family see it as a fitting farewell.
Yesterday, Mr Fawaz (pictured yesterday outside his home) described how, following the singer's death, he was portrayed as a 'monster overnight'
In a statement posted alongside a picture which showed him naked from the chest up with his head blurred in motion (right), Mr Fawaz (left, pictured yesterday) said he and the Wham! singer had been companions in the 'good and not so good times'
Yesterday, Mr Fawaz described how, following the singer's death, he was portrayed as a 'monster overnight'.
In a statement posted alongside a picture which showed him naked from the chest up with his head blurred in motion, he said he and the Wham! singer had been companions in the 'good and not so good times'.
He said: 'Since George died I have read and seen some bad things written about me that I did not understand.
It has been claimed that Michael's sister Melanie is organising the funeral, with flowers and catering already arranged.
Michael died of cardiomyopathy, myocarditis and fatty liver disease. He is picturd with Mr Fawaz in 2012
Fawaz said he and the singer were companions in the 'good and not so good times'. He posted this photograph on social media when the post-mortem examination results were published
Former Spice Girl Geri Horner, 44, one of Michael's closest friends, is said to be due to give a reading at the service.
'Often I did not even recognise myself or the life we had together.
'Since my partner died (who I loved very much and always will) the world turned against me just for finding him dead in bed.
'I became a monster overnight, with lots of made up stories.'
He added: 'I always refuse to go into the details of our life but I can tell you that many of the things being said are simply made up lies and very far from the truth.
Fans have left floral tributes, cards, notes and teddy bears outside Michael's London home
'We had a good life together and were companions in the good and the not so good times.'
Last week, it was confirmed that Michael died of cardiomyopathy, myocarditis and fatty liver disease.
Since his death, mourners have continued to lay flowers, flags and candles outside the star's home.
Mr Fawaz continued: 'Now I just want to be left alone to get on with my life and to think about the person I have lost.
'I want to grieve, and I want other people to show respect for the loss of the man who brought such wonderful music to all. I want to be left alone.
'This sad, sad story is coming to its end and I just have to move on.'
Most watched News videos
- Homeless man brought to tears following incredible transformation
- Good samaritan saves police deputy by shooting his attacker
- Horrific moment man attacks woman from behind drags her to ground
- Villagers cut open a dead croc and find remains of a child
- Dancing Prince seen talking to mystery woman at Verbier party
- FDNY medic dies after man steals her ambulance and runs her over
- Hilarious parody video of mother in THAT BBC viral video
- Will's got the love! Prince William dances the night away
- Little girl is overcome with emotion as her dad meets her from school
- Gang brutally beats man in Brooklyn chicken shop
- Luggage thrown like garbage bags by handlers at Luton airport
- CCTV footage shows final movements of Danielle McLaughlin