zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Digital Empire. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

This community has moved back to it's previous forum address.

An active community still exists there to this day. Please visit us:

The Digital Empire Forum v3

A brief history: This board is the 4th official incarnation of the Digital Empire. The first was deleted by a spammer known as Mikey, all the way back in 2004. The second was deleted by him a similar way the same year. Then Kain, the then administrator, created a new one. Some drama later, he left, then later everyone else left and created this board which we all posted on for a while. Eventually Kain popped back in and we convinced him to make me admin of his forum. Thus, we moved back to that forum. This forum has been left as both a backup forum and a record of our past conversations, which we hope to preserve into the future.

-Chaotic Fear
Administrator and Webmaster of
TheDigitalEmpire.net
December 3rd, 2009

Kain's Forum

Pokemon Rocks America!, My Experience!
Chanman
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 05:56 PM

Elecmon Tamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

I finally went to Pokemon Pisses on America today, and it was pretty fun.

When I went in, the area was full of people. LOTS of people o_O There was a super long line for the Mystic Ticket, but I was patient, and I got it! ^_^ You could also get a free, "special" Metang, but you were forced to play the demo of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, which I didn't want to do. But I did. >.> And BTW, I found nothing special about the lv. 30 Metang that I got, except that it had a ribbon for accomplishing many challenges, and it knew Refresh.

There was also a cute little Pokemon stage show, with Pikachu, Meowth, Plusle&Minun, and Munchlax. They also had a karaoke, with little kids singing the theme, and I was trying to hold back laughter, because I didn't want to be rude. Then, this grown black man got on the stage, and started singing, and he was good. He got lots of applause, too. And then I remembered that he was a grown man, so I got weirded out, and went somewhere else.

They had a store there, selling little dinky plushies for $10. TEN DOLLARS. What a ripoff! :angry: They had a little Pokemon Academy, where a "Pokemon Professor" taught the basics of Pokemon to little kids. And there was this guy who had Pokemon Box, and had ALL the obtainable Pokemon. He was trading with kids. I should've hassled him for a Mew, or something. I recieved a free Pokemon Rocks America Lugia card. I was dissapointed, because it wasn't even holographic! I bet Lugia is spinning its Pokeball.

There were battling arenas, both TCG and video game, and I spotted a guy cosplaying as Max. There were lots of cosplays. A gijinka Groudon, A bipedal Arcanine, a little girl dressed up as Espeon, Interviewer Gabby&Ty, Nurse Joy&Officer Jenny, May, the female character from Fire Red&Leaf Green, and lots more, including the staff dressed up as Pokemon. I was really freaked out by Torchic, because it kept bobbing up and down. o_O

There were big pokemon balloons, and there was a huge shadow Lugia one. People kept touching it, and grabbing its tail. A part of me wished that it fell on them just for being idiots, but then I remembered that I was standing right under it. There was this gigantic Pikachu one, who I named "Pikazilla." Little kids were also hitting, poking and squeezing the Charizard and Blastoise balloons, and I was thinking "Wait until they come to life... You guys are screwed." I also saw a pimped out Pikachu buggy.

Then there was a XD battle tournament, and the runner up got Pokemon XD, and the champion got a Gamecube AND Pokemon XD. The commentators were explaining the battle, and I couldn't help but laugh, because they would say "Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness" Stressing on the "Gale of Darkness" with deep voices. XD

I also filled out a survey, and one of the questions were: "What new Pokemon product do you want to see?" I replied "Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl. I KNOW your hiding it..." XD There was a Pokemon roulette, where you won prizes. Lots of people won some board game thingy. I would have gave it a try, but the line was really long. There was this pokemon ball roll, where you had to avoid the Diglett, and get the ball in a hole.

And now, the most embarrassing moment of the day:

Blaziken's Goal Shot.

It's a soccer game, where you have to kick the ball into a target net. If you got the middle target, you won a free booster pack. If you got anywhere else, you got a hologram bookmark. Now, when it was my turn, I kicked the ball. Instead of it hitting a target, I kicked it to the gate next to the game, missing. BADLY. XD Even the staff worker said I couldn't kick. ;.; The most sucky part, is that I got beat by little kids less than half my height. I felt salted. But I got a pretty bookmark, though! 8D

I even have a picture to explain:

(Posted Image)

All in all, it was pretty fun day. And I learned TWO things:

1. Never kick another ball again.
2. I can't take good pictures if my life depended on it.

I'll update with more pictures later.
Chanman
Posted: Oct 23 2005, 08:10 AM

Elecmon Tamer

Is it April Fools day already? :rolleyes:
Chanman
Posted: Oct 23 2005, 03:23 PM

Elecmon Tamer

Superpup
Posted: Oct 23 2005, 06:05 PM

The K-9 crusader

Member No.: 28

Coolness. I went to that last year... winter last year... at the mall of america... OUTSIDE!!! 0,o I only stayed like an hour so not a whole lot happened.

I got to go up on stage and did the pikachu freeze thang.... mwahahahahaha and won! Yes that is how pup was granted the wonder of her Gameboy advance SP, a flygon plushie, and a Torchic Beanie!

NO 5 YEAR OLD OUTDANCES ME!!! (yea it was down to me and a 5 year old... show no mercy friends.... show no mercy)

Well sounds like you had a better time then me anyway... old people at those things are... creepy... I saw this guy just wearing this long kinda trench coat thing... I doubt there was a shirt under that... *twitch*

I also didn't bring my camera... lucky... *pokes*

Yay pokemon still rocks america! Even if it DID betray me...
alban
Posted: Nov 5 2005, 10:41 PM

In Training

Member No.: 16

I've just lost track after 383 some odd pokemon. It was more fun back in the early days..."the good old times" where everyone would awe at the new cards and pokemon and there were crowds to buy the game. Yeah, I'm reminiscing. Leave me be. :P
Chaotic Fear
Posted: Nov 6 2005, 04:37 PM

Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I used to collect pokemon cards. I was never that much into pokemon, just the cards and I would watch the show sometimes. I think my friends liked it more than me back then. I still have my many pokemon cards in a couple boxes under my bed :rolleyes: But, I've counted from Seraphimon12's list on the Digiport Forums, added the new ones, and got 782 digimon known or patually known :mellow: And that's not counting digimon we only know exist but no nothing about like the unknown Royal Knights.
Spy
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 12:13 AM

In Training

Member No.: 29

I wanted to be there *twitch*
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Pokemon | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0498 seconds · Archive