Udinese 1-2 Inter Milan: Forgotten man Lukas Podolski nets winner for Nerazzurri
- Inter Milan edged Udinese 2-1 at the Friuli Stadium on Tuesday night
- Maurizio Domizzi was sent off for Udinese in the first-half following two bookable offences
- Mauro Icardi had put Inter in front early in the second-half through a penalty after Danilo brought down Matteo Kovacic in the box
- Antonio di Natale equalised for the home side two minutes later
- On-loan Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski scored the winner on 65 minutes with a stunning left-footed effort from 20 yards
On-loan Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski scored the winner for Inter Milan as they triumphed 2-1 over 10-man Udinese at the Friuli Stadium on Tuesday night.
Maurizio Domizzi was sent off for the hosts in the first-half for two bookable offences. Mauro Icardi put Inter ahead soon after the restart with a coolly taken penalty after Danilo had scythed down Matteo Kovacic in the box.
The lead didn't last long and veteran striker Antonio di Natale clawed the home side level two minutes later. Podolski, though, popped up with the winner for Roberto Mancini's men, smashing a stunning 20-yard left-footed strike into the top corner.
Inter's on-loan Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski celebrates scoring the winner against Udinese
Inter Milan's Rodrigo Palacio (eft) tussles for possession with Udinese's Ivan Piris (centre)
Udinese's Giampiero Pinzi (centre) attempts an overhead kick during the Serie A match against Inter Milan
The win stretches Inter's unbeaten run to five matches as they move up to seventh in Serie A, just one place and two points off the Europa League qualification spots. Udinese, meanwhile, remain rooted in 13th.
Di Natale's 50th minute strike moved him level with Roberto Baggio in sixth place on Serie A's all-time scoring chart.
Inter Milan's Danilo D'Ambrosio (left) strikes at goal as he is closed down by Emmanuel Badu (right)
Inter manager Roberto Mancini (left) issues instructions to Danilo D'Ambrosio (right) on Tuesday night
Referee Gianluca Rocchi (right) shows Udinese's Maurizio Domizzi (left) a yellow card on Tuesday night
Podolski smashes home the winning goal on 65 minutes with a stunning 20-yard effort
Most watched Sport videos
- Borussia Dortmund player injured after explosion near team bus
- Arsenal players jeered after crushing Crystal Palace defeat
- Emergency services on the scene of Dortmund team bus explosion
- Dele Alli struggles to blow out birthday candles in hilarious video
- 'Gibraltar is ours': Leicester fans chant on streets of Madrid
- Fans chant from inside the Signal Iduna Park stadium
- Atletico Madrid fans display support outside players' hotel
- Shocking moment man gets bashed by riot police in Madrid
- Three explosions hit a bus carrying Borussia Dortmund football team
- Arsene Wenger says Crystal Palace was 'sharper' after loss
- Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku hang out in Instagram video
- Dynamo amazes Barcelona players with his spectacular tricks