EXCLUSIVE: Paul Walker's brother Cody claims Fast And The Furious 9 'WILL be filmed and set in Australia'
Cody Walker is in Australia for a series of charity events in honour of his late brother, The Fast And The Furious star Paul Walker.
And on Friday, Cody revealed to Daily Mail the ninth installment of the blockbuster film franchise series will be filmed and set Down Under.
'The fans deserve Fast And The Furious 9 down here. It's always somewhere new and they haven't been here yet. It's long overdue,' he said.
'Long overdue': Paul Walker's brother Cody (pictured) has claimed Fast and the Furious 9 will be filmed and set in Australia, calling the decision 'long overdue'
He also confirmed Vin Diesel, who plays Dominic Toretto, is 'very interested' in shooting the next film in Australia.
Cody hinted that while he does not appear The Fate Of The Furious, he is meeting with Vin Diesel to discuss a possible role in the next sequel.
He filled in as Paul's Bryan O'Conner character in Furious 7, following the actor's death in 2013 - but Cody now hopes to play a 'brand new role.'
Support: Cody also confirmed Vin Diesel, who plays Dominic Toretto, is 'very interested' in shooting the next film in Australia. Pictured: Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in 2013
Speaking of his Australian tour, Cody said: 'It's nice to see some blue skies, I can't believe it's been two years since I was last here.
'I love Australia, It's great to be here again. The amount of support and the loyalty of the fans to Paul, the franchise and Reach Out Worldwide is so great.'
For the fans: 'The fans deserve Fast And The Furious 9 down here... it's long overdue,' said Cody, who is in Australia for a charity tour in honour of his late brother
Cody will appear at VIP The Fate Of The Furious screenings in Warriewood on Friday, Narellan on Saturday, then Craigieburn, Melbourne on Sunday and Indooroopilly, Brisbane on Monday.
Following each screening, except Narellan, he will join fans on #Drive4Paul car rallies to raise money for Reach Out World Wide and commemorate Paul's life.
He is also attending charity car shows in each suburb, with full details available on the event's website, Drive4Paul.com.au.
Cody will appear at VIP The Fate Of The Furious screenings in Warriewood on Friday, Narellan on Saturday, then Craigieburn, Melbourne on Sunday and Indooroopilly, Brisbane on Monday
Most watched News videos
- Muslim woman refuses to remove hijab for airport security in Rome
- Bad parker gets blocked by two Jeeps to teach him a lesson
- Pentagon release footage of MOAB being dropped in Afghanistan
- FIRST EVER trailer unveiled for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Military parade honours 105 years since birth of Kim Il Sung
- Sword dancers perform during North Korea's Day of the Sun
- Huge crowd welcomes Kim Jong-Un at Day of the Sun rally
- Woman who dressed as witch to abuse children sentenced to life
- Mega blast after Russia tests non-atomic 'Father Of All Bombs' 2007
- US Air Force releases footage of the first MOAB bomb test
- Shocking moment a horse attacks an alligator in Florida
- Rapturous reception for Kim Jong Un opening residental complex
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.