Fresh-faced Carey Mulligan swamps her svelte figure in grey forensic suit as she films BBC mini series Collateral
She began her career in a variety of UK TV series including Bleak House and Agatha Christie's Marple before seeking her fortune in Hollywood.
But Carey Mulligan is now returning to the small screen, starring in BBC mini series Collateral.
The 31-year-old actress donned a grey forensic suit over a white shirt and black sweatshirt on the London set of the series on Tuesday.
Scroll down for video
Star of the show: Carey Mulligan dressed as a forensic scientist while filming new BBC mini-series Collateral in London on Tuesday
The actress's hair was worn in a short brown bob while she looked fresh faced in minimal makeup.
She wore a police badge around her neck and clutched a pair of white gloves as she filmed scenes in a London street.
Not much is known about the series, which has been described by website Deadline as a 'modern-day state of the nation project which takes place over four days.'
Suited up : The 31-year-old actress donned a grey forensic suit over a white shirt and black sweatshirt
Examination: Carey was in serious mode during the night shoot
Back to the Beeb: Carey starred in BBC series Bleak House in the early days of her career
Police, camera, action: The series has been described as a 'modern-day state of the nation project which takes place over four days'
Carey was last seen as the troubled Maud Watts in 2015 film Suffragette while she has also since appeared in web comedy series The Walker.
Despite the actress's successful career - which saw her nominated for an Oscar for An Education back in 2009 - she recently revealed her nerves at dealing with fame.
She told So It Goes magazine: 'I would do red carpets and be a wreck by the end; I found it awful and weird, standing there in my outfits with my body being judged and my appearance and makeup.'
Crossing police lines: The star went to work in her grey suit teamed with black trainers
Shades of grey: Carey looked a far cry from her red carpet persona in the rather costume
Procedural: Carey was spotted getting suited up in the scene
Busy mother: Carey juggles looking after her young baby daughter with a busy acting career
'It’s a f**ing weird, bizarre thing to have 200 people screaming at you taking a photo. Then I got older and put it into perspective.'
Married to Marcus Mumford of band Mumford & Sons, Carey gave birth to their first child - a daughter Evelyn - in 2015.
The star has made little public comment about her baby, although did have a succinct answer when quizzed on what life lesson she'd teach her child.
'Oh, man, one life lesson?' she told the New York Daily News. 'No makeup, no piercings, no tattoos.'
Coffee break: Carey shared a chuckle while waiting for the cameras to roll
Variety: Carey has appeared in a multitude of different projects from theatre to film to TV
Most watched News videos
- 'I'm such a different person' Kim K cries over Paris robbery
- Dancing busker in Oxford Street contently shows off his moves
- Lesson learned? Police taunt van driver for cutting queue
- Delta passenger told to leave plane for using the bathroom
- Tensions rise as North Korea holds massive artillery drill
- Tragic: Three police officers blown up in Mosul suicide attack
- Is this BIGFOOT? Creature seen lurking behind trees in Holland
- Damon Smith leaves tube without rucksack containing homemade bomb
- Video of Marinna Rollins murdering her service dog Cam
- Adorable little girl uses her fake phone to tell off a boy
- Moment officer kills biker by ramming motorcycle off road
- North Korea produce visual of missile destroying White House