Thread: Alpnames Review

Alpnames Review

Hi,

We got new experience from them. We started become reseller from alpnames a year ago. We have a lot of domains from them until now.

Unfortunately we have one customer that used phising on his domain.

But Alpnames did not give warning to us and then suspend all of our's customers domain permanently..

That's Great Service, Right??

They all got mad to us now. Even Alpnames wont give EPP Code or Move Service for the domains.

We'll definitely never use them anymore.

Alpnames.com appears to be a Supersite/Public Domain Registry reseller, so not sure if the decision came from Alpnames or the registrar.
    In either case, phishing is serious, so don't expect to get the customer's domain name back.

But did you contact them and ask for more details? What did they say?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Did they suspended all your domains just for one domain phishing complaint?
    Sean White http://www.supportmonk.com
    Outsourced Support Experts!!!
    Helpdesk/Livechat Support Iphone/Android Development

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    But did you contact them and ask for more details? What did they say?
    Code:
    Thank you for contacting Abuse Mitigation.

We will first have to conduct a WHOIS verification check.

Please provide us a with a photocopy of national ID or passport and a utility bill (gas, water or electric) containing the address and name that you have registered with your account.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

AlpNames Abuse Mitigation

Support Email: [email protected]
    Abuse Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 203 137 9683
    We have submitted it.

Code:
    Thank you for contacting Abuse Mitigation.

Unfortunately as your reseller account has been suspended for phishing Apple customer credentials is will remain locked as this is against our Legal Agreements: https://alpnames.com/support/legal.php?requestfor=customermasteragreement&from=agree_page

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

AlpNames Abuse Mitigation

Support Email: [email protected]
    Abuse Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 203 137 9683
    They Locked it permanently and Do not reply our next email.

Quote Originally Posted by SupportMonk View Post
    Did they suspended all your domains just for one domain phishing complaint?
    Yes, I have a proof if needed.

re phishing - was it one your domains or a customer's domain? The AlpNames emails above are asking for your ID.

A customer's domain.

Code:
    https://who.is/whois/recentlyused.com

Apple, Paypal E-Bay phishing is on the risk; in most cases the domain if it resembles their trademarks will be locked by the registrar so the phishing doesn't continue.

The way the host handled it is pretty bad as now all of your customers suffer; but on you it should be a lesson learnt going forward on better Fraud Mitigation procedures.

The way we would have handle it or any host would be to change the domain's nameservers and contact you. This way your Reseller Hosting still moves forward and none of your customers are effected and nobody on the public sector is effected by the phishing website.

Hopefully, you have backups so you can move hosts and keep your current customers happy. GoodLuck!
    TrentaHost INC. | 5 Years Operating | DDOS Protected Network | Multiple Locations | 24/7 Support
    DDOS Protected Web/Reseller/Master - DEDICATED IP | WHMCS | CloudFlare | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux
    DDOS Protected KVM Windows & Linux VPS | 7 Locations | 20GBPS DDOS Protection Windows & Linux VPS
    DDOS Protected Dedicated Servers | 20GBPS DDOS Protection | Control Panel | Price Match Guarantee*

Quote Originally Posted by TrentaHost View Post
    Apple, Paypal E-Bay phishing is on the risk; in most cases the domain if it resembles their trademarks will be locked by the registrar so the phishing doesn't continue.

The way the host handled it is pretty bad as now all of your customers suffer; but on you it should be a lesson learnt going forward on better Fraud Mitigation procedures.

The way we would have handle it or any host would be to change the domain's nameservers and contact you. This way your Reseller Hosting still moves forward and none of your customers are effected and nobody on the public sector is effected by the phishing website.

Hopefully, you have backups so you can move hosts and keep your current customers happy. GoodLuck!
    Its more critical than hosting backup because we lost the domain names.

@idrhost: If you didnt participate in phishing and they didnt send you any notice then i dont see a reason why should all your clients domains and your account be suspended. Its one thing if they sent you a notice/email and you didnt reply and take appropriate actions, but without notice and then suspend everything doesnt make sense.

Now if everything you said is true you have good case to start a lawsuit especially because the damage could be huge. If i were in your place i would immediately stop any conversation with them and here on WHT, and hire a lawyer. You could even do this together with all your affected clients what would bring the cost down but increase the pressure on the court to speed up the process. I mean, even for the court isnt the same when you are suing someone alone or like a group of 10, 50, 100+ people. Your lawyer could even file a motion to speed up the process (define the case as emergency) to prevent irreparable harm or increasing damages, which both apply to your case. This isnt even the case for small claim court but instead you will need to start a "real" lawsuit.
    Last edited by Madbunny; 01-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    - I often come to the conclusion that my brain has too many tabs open. -
    Failing at desktop publishing & graphic design since 1994
    Pretty soon we can expect hosting companies offering "double unlimited"
    or
    "not limited unlimited with no limits".

Have you had prior phishing or abuse incidents/clients?

When you start talking about lawsuits, there's nothing quick about the court system no matter how much you try to expedite it. This sounds very strange that they would suspend your entire account over one domain.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by Madbunny View Post
    If you didnt participate in phishing and they didnt send you any notice then i dont see a reason why should all your clients domains and your account be suspended. Its one thing if they sent you a notice/email and you didnt reply and take appropriate actions, but without notice and then suspend everything doesnt make sense.

Now if everything you said is true you have good case to start a lawsuit especially because the damage could be huge. If i were in your place i would immediately stop any conversation with them and here on WHT, and hire a lawyer. You could even do this together with all your affected clients what would bring the cost down but increase the pressure on the court to speed up the process. I mean, even for the court isnt the same when you are suing someone alone or like a group of 10, 50, 100+ people. Your lawyer could even file a motion to speed up the process (define the case as emergency) to prevent irreparable harm or increasing damages, which both apply to your case. This isnt even the case for small claim court but instead you will need to start a "real" lawsuit.
    We totally agreed with your advice.

Now, we got a new email from them and hope they will solve it in a better way.

Thanks WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by idrhost View Post
    We totally agreed with your advice.

Now, we got a new email from them and hope they will solve it in a better way.

Thanks WHT.
    Did AlpNames end up unfreezing your other domain names? I recently started using them and now have concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by taskrabbit View Post
    Did AlpNames end up unfreezing your other domain names? I recently started using them and now have concerns.
    Yes, they did it.

I hope they won't doing actions like that anymore. Just keep updated!