Left Red(mayne) faced: Oscar winner Eddie appears furious as he is 'turned away from Rihanna's Met Gala after-party' alongside wife Hannah
The Oscar winning actor and his publicist spouse were seen talking to bouncers at exclusive club 1OAK, before the red-faced star turned away and spoke furiously on the phone having graced the red carpet at the dazzling gala earlier in the night.
A source told MailOnline: 'The club was incredibly overcrowded so the door staff were having to turn lots of people away on the night.'
Scroll down for video
Denied? Eddie Redmayne and his wife Hannah Bagshawe were reportedly denied entry into Rihanna's exclusive party at New York hot-spot 1 OAK, following Monday's Met Gala
Heading towards the bash, the duo were turned away at the door, after which Hannah is said to have returned with pal Tom Sturridge.
Eddie and Hannah looked every inch the Hollywood pair as they sauntered along the red carpet earlier in the night, with she glowing in a purple gown and Eddie looking sharp in a bold blue suit paired with a spiffy dicky bow.
As the great and good of Hollywood descended on a series of after-parties all over the Big Apple, including hot-spots The Standard Hotel and The Boom Boom Room, it seems the happy couple opted for Rihanna's as their bash of choice.
A bevy of stars, both from the UK and US hit the 1 OAK bash - including Rita Ora, Diplo, Katie Perry, Kate Hudson, Mary J. Blige and Halle Berry - were in attendance at the exclusive bash, but it appeared that it was not mean to be for Eddie and Hannah.
Capacity: The couple held hands outside the venue as capacity crowds kept them shut out
Not amused: Eddie appeared to be far from impressed as his night took a turn for the worse
While Eddie was seen looking agitated as he found himself relegated to the wrong side of the doors, a few faces in the swelling crowd outside appeared thrilled to find themselves in the company of the Oscar-winning heartthrob.
Sources tell MailOnline that after Hannah's attempts to gain access to the bash with Tom - some 30 minutes after her initial rejection by doorman - also proved to be futile, with the pals eventually accepting their fate and sauntering off into the night.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Eddie Redmayne and 1 OAK for comment.
Helping hand: According to onlookers, Hannah returned some 30 minutes after the couple's initial rejection with pal Tom Sturridge - but they were also unsuccessful in gaining access
Earlier in the evening, Eddie, 35, and Hannah, proved they were a red carpet force to be reckoned with, when they made their appearance together at the Met Gala itself.
As the photogenic lovebirds made their way into the Big Apple's Metropolitan Museum of Art, they wowed as they stepped out in complementary ensembles: Eddie in a tailored blue tuxedo and Hannah in a glittering floor-length purple gown.
Dashing screen star Eddie cut a dapper figure as he strode up the steps of the imposing venue in his sharp outfit of choice, which he teamed with a black bow tie and a polished pair of Oxford-style shoes.
Stepping out in style: Rihanna stepped out in style for the bash, following her showstopping appearance on the red carpet at the Met Gala, held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shut it down in red florals like Rihanna
Okayyy then, everyone else can go home. Rihanna has once again shut it down at the Met Gala. The superstar stole the limelight in this extravagant Comme Des Garcons dress which hailed from the Fall 2016 collection.
The vastly expanded floral accents gave the dress epic proportions while the thigh high lace up heels added a sexy Rihanna-worthy finish. Click right to check the current collection.
Now we aren't going to lie, but finding similar styles to this bonkers creation wasn't easy. But we have selected four stylish red floral frocks for those of us who aren't Rihanna. From Adrianna Papell to Oscar de la Renta, there's a dress for all budgets.
Cosy: Inside her bash, she was seen cosying up to a host of stars, including singer Mary J Blige
His spouse was resplendent in her sleeveless gown, which featured a plunging neckline and was teamed with a bold statement necklace.
Enhancing her natural beauty with just a light dusting of makeup, the mother-of-one voluminous chestnut tresses were swept to one side in lustrous waves.
The theme of this year's Met Gala is Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art Of The In-Between, with the focus being on the avant-garde designer's technique with silhouettes, draping and fit.
Earlier: The couple wowed as they made their arrival at the star-studded gala earlier that night
The 74-year-old Japanese fashion legend is the second ever living designer to be the sole subject of the Met's fashion exhibit since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983.
The glitzy bash, formally known as the Costume Institute Gala, borrows its name from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the location for the annual NYC event.
In 1946, the gala was launched, in a bid to raise money for the Met’s Costume Institute. This year's lucrative fundraiser will see less that 600 glamorous attendees appear. Tickets market for up to $30,000, while tables cost $275,000.
"Don't you know who I am?"
Will fifth time be a charm? Ed Sheeran has admitted to being turned away from his own record label's post-Grammys parties
- Paul McCartney: One of the most high profile rejections came in February last year, when The Beatles star, along with his wife Nancy Shevell, was turned away from Tyga's Grammys after-party.
- Ed Sheeran: Despite his stronghold on the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, the British singer has been turned away from his label Asylum Records packed post-Grammy parties a deeply humbling four years in a row.
- Lindsay Lohan: Once a mainstay behind the velvet rope, the actress felt the searing burn of her shift in status in 2014 when she was denied entry at both a Soho House bash and the Neon Carnival at popular music and arts festival Coachella.
- Justin Bieber & Jaden Smith: Age proved to be more than just a number for the stars when, at the age of 14, Jaden attempted to party with Justin at London's Cirque du Soir on his 19th birthday. After the entire entourage were reportedly turned away, Justin claimed that he, in fact, entered and then left the club of his own accord.
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry met Ollie Carroll at the Wellchild Awards in 2015
- Zoe Ball gives late boyfriend Billy Yates a kiss in London in January
- Angelina Jolie speaks about divorce for first time in February
- 'I can't stand up any more': Prince Philip jokes about retirement
- Cute orangutan is freed by rescuers after TWO YEARS in a box
- 'My own ray of sunshine!' GMB's Laura Tobin announces her pregnancy
- Tear-jerking moment disabled girl is reunited with RAF father
- The Queen and Prince Harry respond to the Obamas in style!
- Heartwarming moment stray dog leads rescuers to her ten puppies
- Fidget spinner toy craze so big even CATS are trying it out
- Woman being hunted by police for picking up stranger's toddler
- King Charles III teaser trailer sees the current Prince reign