Glad you didn't go? Eddie Redmayne looks fresh faced as he steps out with wife Hannah in New York... after being 'refused entry to Rihanna's Met Gala afterparty'
But it seems it was the right turnout for Eddie Redmayne as he looked fresh faced and ready to go on Tuesday.
The Oscar winner and his wife Hannah were refused entry to the singer's event at 1 Oak nightclub in New York because of overcrowding - with the British heartthrob being seen making calls from outside as they navigated the crowds.
Scroll down for video
Raring to go! Eddie Redmayne looked fresh faced on Tuesday after reportedly being turned away from Rihanna's Met Gala afterparty the night before in New York
But all was well again as he and Hannah enjoyed a stroll in the Big Apple the morning after the big night before looking in good spirits.
Swapping their Prada custom-made Met outfits for something slightly more casual , Eddie sported a jacket, T-shirt and jeans.
Hannah - who tried again to access the club on Monday night with pal Tom Sturridge - covered her eyes with a huge pair of shades and wore a comfy red jumper and jeans.
Speaking about their night ending abruptly, a source told MailOnline: 'The club was incredibly overcrowded so the door staff were having to turn lots of people away on the night.'
Hello! The Oscar winner and his wife Hannah were refused entry to the singer's event at 1 Oak nightclub in New York because of overcrowding - with the British heartthrob being seen making calls from outside as they navigated the crowds
Who needs a big night? But all was well again as he and Hannah enjoyed a stroll in the Big Apple the morning after the big night before looking in good spirits
Coverage: Hannah - who tried again to access the club on Monday night with pal Tom Sturridge - covered her eyes with a huge pair of shades and wore a comfy red jumper and jeans
Cool kid: Swapping their Prada custom-made Met outfits for something slightly more casual , Eddie sported a jacket, T-shirt and jeans
Eddie and Hannah looked every inch the Hollywood pair as they sauntered along the red carpet earlier in the night, with she glowing in a purple gown and Eddie looking sharp in a bold blue suit paired with a spiffy bow tie.
As the great and good of Hollywood descended on a series of after-parties all over the Big Apple, including hot-spots The Standard Hotel and The Boom Boom Room, it seems the happy couple opted for Rihanna's as their bash of choice.
A bevy of stars, both from the UK and US hit the 1 OAK bash - including Rita Ora, Diplo, Katie Perry, Kate Hudson, Mary J. Blige and Halle Berry - were in attendance at the exclusive bash, but it appeared that it was not mean to be for Eddie and Hannah.
Capacity: The couple held hands outside the venue as capacity crowds kept them shut out
Not amused: Eddie appeared to be far from impressed as his night took a turn for the worse
While Eddie was seen looking agitated as he found himself relegated to the wrong side of the doors, a few faces in the swelling crowd outside appeared thrilled to find themselves in the company of the Oscar-winning heartthrob.
Sources tell MailOnline that after Hannah's attempts to gain access to the bash with Tom - some 30 minutes after her initial rejection by doorman - also proved to be futile, with the pals eventually accepting their fate and sauntering off into the night.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Eddie Redmayne and 1 OAK for comment.
Helping hand: According to onlookers, Hannah returned some 30 minutes after the couple's initial rejection with pal Tom Sturridge - but they were also unsuccessful in gaining access
Earlier in the evening, Eddie, 35, and Hannah, proved they were a red carpet force to be reckoned with, when they made their appearance together at the Met Gala itself.
As the photogenic lovebirds made their way into the Big Apple's Metropolitan Museum of Art, they wowed as they stepped out in complementary ensembles: Eddie in a tailored blue tuxedo and Hannah in a glittering floor-length purple gown.
Dashing screen star Eddie cut a dapper figure as he strode up the steps of the imposing venue in his sharp outfit of choice, which he teamed with a black bow tie and a polished pair of Oxford-style shoes.
Stepping out in style: Rihanna stepped out in style for the bash, following her showstopping appearance on the red carpet at the Met Gala, held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Cosy: Inside her bash, she was seen cosying up to a host of stars, including singer Mary J Blige
His spouse was resplendent in her sleeveless gown, which featured a plunging neckline and was teamed with a bold statement necklace.
Enhancing her natural beauty with just a light dusting of makeup, the mother-of-one voluminous chestnut tresses were swept to one side in lustrous waves.
The theme of this year's Met Gala is Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art Of The In-Between, with the focus being on the avant-garde designer's technique with silhouettes, draping and fit.
Earlier: The couple wowed as they made their arrival at the star-studded gala earlier that night
The 74-year-old Japanese fashion legend is the second ever living designer to be the sole subject of the Met's fashion exhibit since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983.
The glitzy bash, formally known as the Costume Institute Gala, borrows its name from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the location for the annual NYC event.
In 1946, the gala was launched, in a bid to raise money for the Met’s Costume Institute. This year's lucrative fundraiser will see less that 600 glamorous attendees appear. Tickets market for up to $30,000, while tables cost $275,000.
"Don't you know who I am?"
Will fifth time be a charm? Ed Sheeran has admitted to being turned away from his own record label's post-Grammys parties
- Paul McCartney: One of the most high profile rejections came in February last year, when The Beatles star, along with his wife Nancy Shevell, was turned away from Tyga's Grammys after-party.
- Ed Sheeran: Despite his stronghold on the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, the British singer has been turned away from his label Asylum Records packed post-Grammy parties a deeply humbling four years in a row.
- Lindsay Lohan: Once a mainstay behind the velvet rope, the actress felt the searing burn of her shift in status in 2014 when she was denied entry at both a Soho House bash and the Neon Carnival at popular music and arts festival Coachella.
- Justin Bieber & Jaden Smith: Age proved to be more than just a number for the stars when, at the age of 14, Jaden attempted to party with Justin at London's Cirque du Soir on his 19th birthday. After the entire entourage were reportedly turned away, Justin claimed that he, in fact, entered and then left the club of his own accord.
Most watched News videos
- Meet Jack the cat with an insanely deep meow
- BBC reporter touches woman's breast to move her off camera
- The moment a bully picks the wrong fight and gets body slammed
- Randy couple are filmed having sex behind a WALL in Barnsley
- Ian Brady visits Moors to help police find bodies of victims
- Exclusive unseen footage of Keith Bennett's mother appealing to Brady
- Bizarre street spat as man is accused of having sex with his dog
- Moors Murderer Ian Brady dies aged 79 following illness
- Video shows man crying with joy after fake hair tattoo is fixed
- Bizarre footage of tattooed King of Thailand wearing a CROP TOP
- Car dramatically rolls into house after handbrake was left off
- Woman was made to feel like a racist after reporting being raped