13 Reasons Why I am in Australia! Star of hit Netflix series Katherine Langford touches down in Perth airport for family visit after runaway success of TV series

She's the star of this year's biggest television show to date.

But Katherine Langford, 21, was anything but a diva as she arrived in Australia for a family visit on Wednesday. 

The 13 Reasons Why actress went undercover in a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap, pushing her own luggage through Perth airport. 

13 Reasons Why I am in Australia! Star of hit Netflix series Katherine Langford touches down in Perth airport for family visit after runaway success of TV series

The brunette beauty cut a casual figure in an all-black ensemble, wearing skinny jeans and a matching denim jacket. 

An oversized handbag over one arm, Katherine accessorised with a bright red baseball cap and sunglasses.

The Netflix actress appeared to arrive into Perth airport solo, pushing her own luggage through the airport terminal.

Going incognito? The brunette beauty cut a casual figure in an all-black ensemble, wearing skinny jeans and a matching denim jacket

Going incognito? The brunette beauty cut a casual figure in an all-black ensemble, wearing skinny jeans and a matching denim jacket

In 13 Reasons Why, Katherine plays Hannah Baker, an American teenage girl who commits suicide and leaves a series of tapes explaining why.

The show has been heavily criticised for its graphic descriptions of self-harm and rape, themes which Katherine defended in a recent appearance on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show.

'Of course there's controversy,' the Australian actress said after the host asked her about complaints faced by the show, 'because I think things like these instigate discussion, which is the important part.' 

Breakout role: In 13 Reasons Why, Katherine plays Hannah Baker, an American teenage girl who commits suicide and leaves a series of tapes explaining why

Breakout role: In 13 Reasons Why, Katherine plays Hannah Baker, an American teenage girl who commits suicide and leaves a series of tapes explaining why

Controversial: The show has been heavily criticised for its graphic descriptions of self-harm and rape

Controversial: The show has been heavily criticised for its graphic descriptions of self-harm and rape

The Netflix series is Katherine's breakout role, with the actress telling Popsugar she auditioned for the role over Skype. 

'I had never done anything before. I got a call saying they wanted me, but we only had 10 days to get an O-1 visa,' the Perth-born beauty said.  

13 Reasons Why has since been renewed, with its second season slated for release on Netflix in 2018. 

'I had never done anything before': The Netflix series is Katherine's breakout role, with the actress telling Popsugar she auditioned for the role over Skype

'I had never done anything before': The Netflix series is Katherine's breakout role, with the actress telling Popsugar she auditioned for the role over Skype

Advertisement

13 Reasons Why's Katherine Langford touches down in Perth

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.