Titanic generosity! Leonardo DiCaprio hides under his hat as he supports old pal Sean Penn at charity dinner
He's an outspoken activist and charitable giver.
The 42-year-old talent flew under the radar at the Haiti Takes Root auction, where the star sported typically understated duds and a hat while seated next to charity founder and close friend Sean Penn, 56.
Scroll down for video
Giving back: Leonardo DiCaprio made a low-key appearance at Friday's Haiti Takes Root benefit in New York where he joined charity co-founder and friend Sean Penn
The Wolf Of Wall Street actor was low key at the event, dressed in his favorite style of newsboy cap and dark shirt.
He sported a scruffy goatee while sipping on a glass of white wine and listening to one of the evening speakers raptly.
While Sean Penn was seated to the left of Leo, Israeli-American venture capitalist Aviv 'Vivi' Nevo joined the star on his right.
The tycoon and The Revenant actor are pals, having attended the French Open together last fall as well as Leo's birthday bash last year.
Fancy friends: The 42-year-old actor flew under the radar, sitting with Israeli-American media mogul Aviv Nevo at his right
Cheers! The Wolf Of Wall Street sipped on a glass of white wine at the auction event
Penn hosted Friday's Haiti Takes Root dinner at Sotheby's in New York.
The fundraiser brought together stars of all sorts to raise money for J/P Haitian Relief Organization, which provides on-going aid to the island nation.
Tickets started at $5k for the evening, where Gayle King did the honors of emceeing the event while stars Naomi Campbell, Andy Cohen, Ellie Goulding and many more attended.
Guests sipped on Casa Noble Tequila cocktails at a silent auction before enjoying a three course dinner, before Damien Rice and Andra Day performed.
Important cause: Sean spoke to guests about the importance of the J/P Haitian Relief Organization fundraiser. The non-profit provides ongoing aid to the island nation
Although the organization hosts an annual gala in Los Angeles, Friday was the non-profit's first soiree in NYC.
At the gala, the Milk actor explained, 'This auction is about getting at these root causes of Haiti’s challenges.
'It’s about giving the Haitians the tools they need and planting the seeds for a better future.'
You can learn more about the J/P Haitian Relief Organization here.
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment driver crashes in Times Square in New York
- Police take Times Square crash driver into custody
- Moment Fox News learns of ‘patriot’ Ailes death from Drudge
- Car-cam captures brazen man try to steal a bike off cycle rack
- Times Square crash victim posted this video just before she died
- Randy couple are filmed having sex behind a WALL in Barnsley
- Survivors describe terrifying scene of Times Square car crash
- Dog enjoys playful tickle before suddenly falling asleep
- Shocking moment boy shoots dead girl while playing with shotgun
- £101m EuroMillions winners Dave and Angela Dawes in 2011
- Beijing unearths 'energy of the future' 4000ft under sea
- Flaming wreckage of car in Times Square crash smolders on street