'Devastated doesn't even come close': Union J pay tribute to bandmate George Shelley's sister Harriet on Twitter after she tragically dies following car accident in Bristol
- Harriet Shelley, sister of former Union J singer George was hit by a car last week
- The 21-year-old sustained head injuries and died Friday night after a brave battle
- George's former bandmates Jaymi, JJ and Josh have taken to Twitter to offer their condolences
- George shot to fame with Union J in 2012 and on I'm A Celebrity in 2015
George Shelley's former Union J bandmates took to Twitter on Sunday to express their heartbreak at the loss of his sister Harriet.
Jaymi Hensley, JJ Hamblett and Josh Cuthbert paid tribute to their friend's 'beautiful and wonderful' sibling in a number of heartfelt social media messages, after being left 'devastated' by the news.
Harriet Shelley, 21, tragically passed away on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Bristol last week.
Scroll down for video
'Devastated': George Shelley's (second right) former Union J bandmates took to Twitter on Sunday to express their heartbreak at the loss of his sister Harriet
Heartbreaking: Harriet Shelley, 21, (above) tragically passed away on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Bristol last week
After her untimely death was announced by her family, the boys took to social media the following day to publicly offer their condolences.
Having posted a broken heart emoji late on Saturday night, Jaymi Hensley, 27, went on to write: 'Devastated doesn't even come close! The most beautiful spirit and truly wonderful person! RIP beautiful girl! Love you George and family'.
Band mate JJ Hamblett soon followed suit by writing: 'No words can describe this awful moment, such a loving beautiful girl which was taken too soon, #RIP Harriet.'
RIP: Jaymi Hensley, JJ Hamblett and Josh Cuthbert paid tribute to their friend's 'beautiful and wonderful' sibling (above) in a number of heartfelt social media messages
He then reached out to his friend at this difficult time by writing: 'Thinking of you George', followed by a number of love hearts.
Josh Cuthbert then joined the tributes by adding: 'Heartbroken about the news of Harriet Shelley. Such a lovely kind hearted girl. Will be missed so much. Thinking of you George brother.'
George has remained silent on social media so far, in the wake of the tragic news.
Grieving: George (above) has remained silent on social media so far, in the wake of the tragic news
It was announced on Saturday night that Harriet had sadly passed away, after being struck down by a car in a tragic accident last week.
The sister of the former Union J member and I'm A Celeb heartthrob, suffered serious head injuries and was in intensive care since the accident on Friday April 28.
The 21-year-old died at Southmead Hospital, in Bristol, her family confirmed on Saturday night.
Her mum Toni Harris from nearby Clevedon, Somerset didn't blame anyone for tragic accident saying that her daughter had been in the 'wrong place at the wrong time'.
RIP: It was announced on Saturday night that Harriet had sadly passed away, after being hit by a car in a tragic accident last week
Speaking last week she praised staff at the hospital for 'working 24/7' to help her daughter and that her condition had stabilised.
She said: 'She was hit by a car. She's very poorly but she's stable.
'Everybody at Southmead Hospital has been amazing, they have been working 24/7 to make sure she is alright.
Tragic: Harriet (left), sister of the former Union J member (right) and 'I'm A Celeb' star, was in a car accident in Bristol
Severe: The 21-year-old sustained head injuries and had been in the intensive care unit at Southmead Hospital
'Everybody across different religions in Clevedon and Bristol have been so amazing - they have been praying for our daughter and holding church services.'
Harriet had just graduated with a midwifery degree.
Her brother George shot to fame with his band Union J in 2012 who starred in reality TV singing contest X Factor in which they finished fourth.
He also finished as a runner-up in the 2015 series of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and has tried his hand at acting and presenting.
Heartbreaking: Harriet (L), who passed away on Saturday night, had just graduated with a midwifery degree
Star sibling: George had risen to fame with Union J but also finished as a runner-up in the 2015 series of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Talented: George (pictured on the ITV show in 2015 with Jorgie Porter) has gone on to turn his hand to presenting
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment driver crashes in Times Square in New York
- Police take Times Square crash driver into custody
- Moment Fox News learns of ‘patriot’ Ailes death from Drudge
- Times Square crash victim posted this video just before she died
- Car-cam captures brazen man try to steal a bike off cycle rack
- Dog enjoys playful tickle before suddenly falling asleep
- Survivors describe terrifying scene of Times Square car crash
- Dramatic scene of Time Square attacker leaping out of crashed car
- Randy couple are filmed having sex behind a WALL in Barnsley
- Man slaps racist woman after she calls him the n-word on a bus
- £101m EuroMillions winners Dave and Angela Dawes in 2011
- Beijing unearths 'energy of the future' 4000ft under sea