'Jacko's mother should beg forgiveness for letting him down': Killer doctor Conrad Murray attacks singer's family
- 'I am not responsible for his death', says jailed medic Conrad Murray
- He shows no remorse and claims he was closer to Jacko's children
Jailed: Dr Conrad Murray accused Jackson's mother of 'failing' her son
The doctor convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson has made a shocking attack on the singer's mother.
Conrad Murray accused 82-year-old Katherine Jackson of letting him down and 'failing to be there' while he was alive.
Murray, 59, hit out when he was asked if he would would beg her forgiveness for giving the insomniac superstar a cocktail of drugs on the night of his death three years ago.
He said: 'Mrs Jackson does not have to forgive for the death of her son because I am not responsible for his death. There is nothing for her to forgive me for.
'I would say this: Is anyone willing to ever forgive Mrs Jackson for failing to be the mother she could have been for her son? Would Michael forgive his mother for not being the mother that he wanted to be there all the time?'
Murray, serving four years at Los Angeles County Jail, said he would 'more than happy' to sit down with Mrs Jackson and talk about her son.
The doctor was living with the 50-year-old singer at his mansion in LA's Holmy Hills when Jackson died on June 25, 2009. He had been preparing for a huge British tour.
At Murray's trial, the court heard that he administered drugs to his patient and then left him alone for long periods while he spoke to girlfriends as the star lay in bed.
In a telephone call from the jail, Murray showed no remorse about his role in Jackson's death and claimed he was closer to his children, Prince,15, Paris, 14, and 10-year-old Blanket, than the star's own family.
Fallout: Singer Michael Jackson and his mother Katherine who gets an allowance from his £650 million estate
In an interview in the Sun, Murray stirred up the massive family fall-out over his £650 million will, by alleging 85-year-old father Joe Jackson could be getting money from his son's fortune.
Murray claimed Joe, who has been accused of beating his son when he was a child, might be enjoying payouts from the allowance Katherine gets from the estate.
'She is probably handing out funds to his father,' said Murray. 'He would roll in his grave if he knew that Joe Jackson spent a penny of his money.'
Last month police were called to the children's Californian home in Calabasas when Jackson's siblings, Janet, Randy and Jermaine tried to take them away. Their brother Tito has now been named co-guardian.
Jackson's children: Prince, Blanket, centre, and Paris. Murray claims he was close to them
Murray, who began his sentence nine months ago, still maintains his innocence and claimed Jackson injected himself with Propofol, a drug used as a sedative on patients before operations.
For his own safety the disgraced doctor is kept away from other inmates - an experience he has found 'demoralising'.
He plans to cash in Jackson in the future by revealing more secrets about his celebrity patient.
But he claimed he would not 'betray' the singer. 'One day I will tell the story. I will tell the story in full,' he said.
Most watched News videos
- Prince William responds to crowds waiting near Grenfell Tower
- Shocking footage shows devastation inside Grenfell flat after fire
- Corbyn asks why Grenfell survivors have yet to be rehoused
- 'I didn't do it': Piers meets female killers in new series
- Video shows British girls standing NAKED in the centre of Magaluf
- The scene at Seven Sisters Rd where a 'van ploughed into people'
- Donald, Melania and Barron depart for first stay at Camp David
- Hammond: Cladding already ILLEGAL in this country
- Angry crowd gather as police arrest Finsbury Park attack suspect
- Council tries to rehouse Grenfell Tower survivor in high-rise
- Moments after fire started on fourth floor of Grenfell Tower
- PM asked to accept she misread 'angry' mood of Grenfell protesters