Two in one! Twin Peaks star Laura Dern embraces the fact she has been turned into a meme by sporting a T-shirt with her own crying face on it
- The 50-year-old actress only recently learned what a 'meme' is after her bawling expression in Blue Velvet was turned into one, and now she can't get enough
Actress Laura Dern has become the latest celebrity to be turned into a meme - and she is loving every minute of it.
The 50-year-old actress is well known for her incredibly expressive performances in the likes of 1986's Blue Velvet or 2014's Wild, some of which have recently begun appearing on social media in a variety of memes.
In particular, fans can't get enough of Laura's over-the-top 'cry-face' from the 1980s David Lynch-directed classic.
Famous face: Actress Laura Dern recently learned what a meme was after a famous scene from Blue Velvet become one online
Big moment: The scene shows Laura's iconic 'cry face' from the 1986 David Lynch classic
Upon spotting the widespread use of the image as a meme, Laura herself posted a version, surrounded by the rainbow, psychedelic background.
'Wait. I’m a meme? Uh, what’s a meme?' she wrote in the caption for the image on Instagram.
It wasn't clear from the post whether Laura was flattered, confused, or insulted by the new aspect of her fame, but that changed on the weekend.
By Friday it looks as though Laura has gone so far as to bring her meme-dom into the real world, by literally wearing it proudly.
With open arms: By Friday, Laura was clearly enjoying her meme-dom, donning a T-shirt with her own crying face on it
Again and again: Laura has been nominated for two Oscars for her emotional performances
She shared a photo of herself and her producing partner Jayme Lemons on the social media site sporting matching T-shirts with Laura's own face on them.
Not only that, but both of the shirts feature Laura as Amy Jellicoe from Enlightened, with mascara set running by her tears.
The image was an instant hit, with thousands of users demanding to know where they can get one of the shirts. So far, the actress has remained mum on the outfit's origins.
Bringing it back: She has collaborated with David Lynch once again as Diane on Twin Peaks
Interesting choice: A creative Etsy seller has parodied Laura Dern's character from Jurassic Park by dressing up a beetle
Of course that is far from the only instance of Laura Dern meme-ification. One young woman has even dedicated her entire Instagram account to recreating the actress' scenes.
Stand-up comedian Maria Wojciechowski's account is simply titled I Look Like Laura Dern, and features the young woman mimicking her famous lookalike's signature expressions.
The two-time Oscar nominee's has even been parodied by an Etsy user with a beetle in a costume inspired by her character in Jurassic Park.
Most watched News videos
- With the help of glasses a baby sees mother for first time
- Man carries his adorably pathetic golden retriever up escalator
- These two babies can't get enough of vibrating powerfit
- Shocking bodycam video shows Shia LaBeouf's arrest in Georgia
- Heartwarming moment baby lioness is rescued from deep well
- Channel 4 documentary reveals new details on bookseller murder
- Australian journalist rips into Donald Trump's G20 behaviour
- Tourist brutally pushed down stairs after arguing with landlord
- Hats off: President Trump lends a hand to Marine who lost his hat
- Disgusting moment huge ear wax build up removed from woman's ear
- 'Air Canada flew directly over us': Near miss at SF Airport
- Police officer yells at woman for leaving her children in hot car
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.