Are you ready for a 100-year life? Watch our tips on planning everything from finances to friendship in The Big Money Questions
How do we prepare for a 100-year life? We're now living longer than ever, with tens of millions of us now standing a good chance of living for a full century.
But because ours will be the first generations where a 100-year life could become the norm, we have no real blueprint to model our lives on.
In our first ever episode of the Big Money Questions, Professor Andrew Scott joins presenter Rachel Rickard Straus to talk through how we need to rethink the life stages we have taken for granted for decades – covering everything from careers to friendships and free time.
The economics professor at the London Business School has just co-authored a book on the subject: The 100-year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity.
He talks us through the death of the traditional life model of education-work-retirement, the importance of imagining yourself old, and how to make sure you don’t burn out with two decades of working life still ahead of you.
GOT A BIG MONEY QUESTION?
The Big Money Questions is a fortnightly show in which the top experts, economists and thought leaders talk us through the big issues that underlie our economy and our own finances.
For example, how is money created, why do prices always seem to go up, and what would happen if the government handed out everyone a couple of grand?
If you’ve got a question about how the economy works that you’ve always wanted to ask, we’d love to hear from you. email@example.com
Most watched Money videos
- New Jaguar E-PACE sets a world record with 270-degree barrel roll
- Check out John Lennon's psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Jaguar reveals its new 'baby' E-Pace family SUV
- Checkout the new Jaguar E-Pace being tested in extreme weather
- Nick Hewer gives tips on what not to do in an interview
- Gervais Williams' tips for investing in smaller companies
- Porsche unveils the 911 GT2 RS the most powerful 911 of all time
- Two cars come within inches of terrifying head-on collision
- Car analyst take on Volvo going all electric phasing out petrol
- A look around the most powerful Jaguar every built: XE SV Project8
- New electric taxi able to weather extreme elements
- Jaguar Land Rover teases the opening of its classic car tour