Sia rocks pretty plaits and flashes her tummy in white crop top as she joins Kate Hudson on set of Sister
Sia appears to be in her element as she takes on the role of movie director.
The 41-year-old star teamed some black leggings with a white crop top which flashed her toned tummy.
In charge: Songstress Sia looked great in black leggings and a cropped white t-shirt on set of her movie Sister in LA on Tuesday
Kate, 38, arrived to set covering her shaved head in a baseball cap and wearing a graphic-print tank top and grey skirt.
The exciting cinematic debut from the singer-songwriter is based on a one-page story Sia wrote in 2007, involving a sober drug dealer and her autistic sister - which is due out in 2018.
She told The Hollywood Reporter: 'I was too embarrassed to tell anyone I wanted to make a movie because I thought it would be seen as a vanity project because I was a singer.
And then last year, after I made the Chandelier video, I realized that I was pretty good at directing, so I felt a little bit braver.'
The exciting cinematic debut from the singer-songwriter is based on a one-page story Sia wrote in 2007
New look: Kate Hudson arrived to set covering her shaved head in a baseball cap and wearing a graphic-print tank top and grey skirt
Sia is an accomplished songwriter and noticed there were similarities between that and filmmaking.
'For me, the process was basically, I work out the movie. I’ll act it out, I’ll have the dialogue already in my head.'
The musician sought the help of children’s author Dalles Clayton to develop the story further. He spent 3 1/2 weeks on her couch mapping it out.
Meanwhile Sia's team announced last week that the Aussie star has inked a deal with Atlantic Records and is set to release a festive album this Christmas.
The mother-of-two donned mirrored aviators and stud earrings
Keeping cool: The actress shaded herself with an umbrella as she hopped in a minivan
The Cheap Thrills hitmaker has her own label, Monkey Puzzle, but 2014's 1000 Forms Of Fear and 2016's This Is Acting are licensed through Sony.
The pop star - who is famous for hiding her face under a huge wig for anonymity - has also been working on a record of original songs with Adele's producer Greg Kurstin, which is set to drop later this year.
Atlantic Records said in a statement: 'Sia is a once-in-a-generation artist. Her extraordinary gifts as a singer and songwriter, her revolutionary approach to the art of performing, her groundbreaking videos - everything she does comes from a deep wellspring of inspiration and imagination.
On set: Dancing star Maddie Ziegler wore her hair in pretty plaits
Low key: The 14-year-old former Dance Moms star wore comfy sweats
Most watched News videos
- Sinead O’Connor posts concerning suicidal video on Facebook
- CCTV: Jogger pushes woman into busy road and keeps on running
- Cheering as 'ISIS schoolgirl' Linda Wenzel is captured in Mosul
- North Korea threatens United States following UN Sanctions
- The farmhouse where model Chloe Ayling was kept for six days
- Bikini gals in cheeky line-up competing for best bottom in Brazil
- Spanish border officer breaks leg as he trips fleeing migrant
- Paramedic violently kicks pregnant nurse in outrageous CCTV footage
- Heart-warming moment man serenades grandma on 98th birthday
- Chloe Ayling is 'naive' to get into that position says friend
- Malia Obama looks 'dazed' being carted out of Lollapalooza
- Google fires James Damore, employee behind gender gap memo
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.