Amber Rose sued for defamation by former mother-in-law who claims she accused her of being an unfit grandmother
Amber Rose is being sued for defamation by ex Wiz Khalifa's mother, stemming from a profanity-laced phone call the star made to her in June.
Katie Wimbush-Polk claims Amber accused her of being an unfit grandmother and blamed her for the death of Wiz's sibling Dorien, who died in February from complications from lymphoma.
Legal issue: Amber Rose is being sued for defamation by her former mother-in-law stemming from a profanity-laced phone call the star made to her
Katie denies making the call and nothing came of the visit to Amber and her son Sebastian.
It was that incident that spurred Amber to make the alleged verbal attack, via phone, the same day.
While Wiz's mother didn't pick up the call, the five-year-old niece of her former employee, Danesa Letic, did.
Her niece passed the phone to Danesa during Amber's tirade.
According to the lawsuit, even after Amber was notified that she was talking to a third party, she continued to allege Katie had allowed her own child, Dorien, to die and she was unfit to visit or care for Amber and Wiz's four-year-old son, Sebastian.
Katie Wimbush-Polk (pictured with son Wiz Khalifa) claims Amber accused her of being an unfit grandmother and blamed her for the death of Wiz's sibling Dorien, who died in February from complications from lymphoma
An attorney for Katie claims Amber, full name Amber Rose Levonchuck, 'impute(d) criminality,' which is 'incompatible with her status as a grandmother and her status as a volunteer mentoring at-risk youth,' which require adults to have cleared background checks.
The Washington Observer-Reporter wrote on Tuesday that the suit claims Amber's statements were malicious, 'intended to harm her reputation, lowered her in the estimation of the community or deterred others from associating or dealing with her, and disputes the claim she had let Dorien Thomaz die caused her to be humiliated and suffer severe mental anguish.'
Former star couple: The curvy video star and TV host married Wiz, 29, on July 8, 2013 and they separated in September the following year
Katie is asking for damages of more than $50,000, including court costs, interest, punitive and other damages.
Amber is yet to respond to the suit.
The curvy video star and TV host married rapper Wiz, 29, on July 8, 2013 and they separated in September the following year.
In 2016 they agreed to share custody of their only child after a nasty court battle.
Co-parents: In 2016 the duo agreed to share custody of their only child after a nasty court battle. They are pictured in December 2015
Most watched News videos
- Sinead O’Connor posts concerning suicidal video on Facebook
- CCTV: Jogger pushes woman into busy road and keeps on running
- Cheering as 'ISIS schoolgirl' Linda Wenzel is captured in Mosul
- North Korea threatens United States following UN Sanctions
- The farmhouse where model Chloe Ayling was kept for six days
- Bikini gals in cheeky line-up competing for best bottom in Brazil
- Spanish border officer breaks leg as he trips fleeing migrant
- Paramedic violently kicks pregnant nurse in outrageous CCTV footage
- Heart-warming moment man serenades grandma on 98th birthday
- Chloe Ayling is 'naive' to get into that position says friend
- Malia Obama looks 'dazed' being carted out of Lollapalooza
- Snapchats Amir Khan deleted MINUTES after posting on Dubai night out
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.