'It makes for a happier holiday': Loose Women's Saira Khan reveals how she is embracing her 'stretch marks, psoriasis and wobbly bits' in body confident bikini snap
- Loose Women panellist Saira Khan posed in her bikini while on holiday in Italy
- The mother-of-two posted an inspiring message about loving 'all her flaws'
- Said she's learned how to embrace her 'stretch marks, psoriasis and wobbly bits'
- Body confident post prompted dozens of supportive comments from followers
Loose women star Saira Khan revealed how she is embracing her body 'and all its flaws' in a confident bikini picture.
The 47-year-old stripped down to a black and pink striped two piece as she posed for a photo while on a family holiday in Lake Garda, Italy.
Sharing the snap on Instagram, the mother-of-two explained how she now appreciates her 'stretch marks, psoriasis and wobbly bits' and no longer feels the need to compare herself to 'other women with long legs, flat tummies and perfect skin', adding: 'It does make for a happier holiday'.
Body beautiful: Loose Women star Saira Khan stripped down to her bikini while on holiday with her family in Italy and shared the snap on Instagram alongside a body positive message
Peace of mind: The mother-of-two said she no longer compares herself to other women
Earlier this year the television presenter joined her fellow Loose Women panellists in stripping off for a candid and frank look at their un-airbrushed figures as part of a campaign to help promote body confidence.
The shoot, which was captured by superstar photographer Bryan Adams, who has previously snapped Kate Moss and the Queen, was accompanied by a chat in which the stars frankly revealed their biggest hang-ups.
Taking a stand: Earlier this year Saira, right, stripped off alongside her fellow Loose Women panelists, left, for an un retouched photo shoot promoting body confidence
Taking to Instagram, Saira said that taking part in the body confidence campaign had given her the boost she needed to love herself.
The image was met with dozens of supportive comments from her 15,000 Instagram followers who praised her 'amazing' figure and confidence.
One wrote: 'What flaws! You look amazing'. Another posted: 'The thing about body flaws is only YOU see them. You look stunning.'
Baring all: The Loose Women stars were praised for their empowering shoot, above
The positive reaction sits in stark contrast to the response Saira received to her original Loose Women shoot, when she was forced to hit back at Muslim man who criticised her for showing off her 'precious body parts'.
Social media user Bilal Ali said that as a Muslim he was 'disgraced' to see the image. In a lengthy post, he told her she was not a role model and it was his 'duty as a brother' to tell her.
Saira, a Muslim, posted his comment in full with a very heated response, telling the man to 'go and do one' and dubbing him a 'narrow minded, misogynistic, brainwashed, backward idiot'.
Most watched News videos
- Sinead O’Connor posts concerning suicidal video on Facebook
- CCTV: Jogger pushes woman into busy road and keeps on running
- Cheering as 'ISIS schoolgirl' Linda Wenzel is captured in Mosul
- North Korea threatens United States following UN Sanctions
- The farmhouse where model Chloe Ayling was kept for six days
- Bikini gals in cheeky line-up competing for best bottom in Brazil
- Spanish border officer breaks leg as he trips fleeing migrant
- Paramedic violently kicks pregnant nurse in outrageous CCTV footage
- Heart-warming moment man serenades grandma on 98th birthday
- Chloe Ayling is 'naive' to get into that position says friend
- Malia Obama looks 'dazed' being carted out of Lollapalooza
- Google fires James Damore, employee behind gender gap memo
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.