'The divorce is OFF!' Angelina Jolie 'stalls' legal split from Brad Pitt after he quit drinking in 'effort to win her back'
- Friends of the former power couple claim they 'haven't done anything' to move their divorce forward in 'several months'
- A source told DailyMail.com that the ‚Äėdivorce process has significantly slowed down but there has been no real change‚Äô
- The insider claimed that the former couple ‚Äėare getting along for the sake of their children‚Äô
- Brad, 53, came clean about his struggles with alcohol in a GQ interview in May
- A friend of Jolie, 42, told Us Weekly that Brad's commitment to self-improvement has struck a chord with the actress
- The couple raise six kids together; Maddox, 15; Pax, 13; Shiloh, 11; Zahara, 12; and twins Vivienne and Knox, nine
- Brad and Angelina announced their shock split in September 2016¬†
A new report by Us Weekly sees multiple sources claiming the former power couple, who had a very public and very bitter split in September 2016, have not moved forward with proceedings to end their marriage.
One insider told the publication: 'The divorce is off. They haven't done anything to move it forward in several months and no one thinks they are ever going to.'¬†
Not moving forward?¬†Divorce proceedings have stalled for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, friends of the stars claim
The reason given for the alleged stall is Brad coming clean about his boozing in an interview with GQ this past May.
A friend of Jolie, 42, told Us Weekly that the commitment to self-improvement has struck a chord with the actress, who reportedly previously claimed she would consider taking Brad back 'if he showed he was committed to raising a family'.
The source went on to add that Brad had 'got sober to try and win her back' and that the move to quit drinking was 'all she ever wanted'.¬†
Meanwhile, the insider claims: 'Everyone thinks they are going to get back together.¬†
'It wouldn't be surprising if they announced that they're calling [the split] off and trying to work things out.'¬†
Happier times:¬†The Maleficent star and Brad were together for 12 years before they announced their split; pictured in November 2015 at the By The Sea premiere
A source told DailyMail.com that the ‚Äėdivorce process has significantly slowed down but there has been no real change‚Äô.
The insider claimed that the former couple ‚Äėare getting along for the sake of their children‚Äô.¬†
The actor, 53, claimed to have gone cold turkey from alcohol and now sticks to sipping on cranberry juice and carbonated water in his GQ interview.
He admitted his drinking had been a problem and that his parenting style needed amending.¬†
The movie star confessed to entering therapy and has also been seen turning to art for healing, holing up in an LA studio to make sculptures.¬†
While partying at Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, south-west England, in June, Brad didn't touch a drop of alcohol because he was facing weekly testing by his legal counsel.¬†
Family: They have six kids together: Maddox, 15; Pax, 13; Shiloh, 11; Zahara, 12; and twins Vivienne and Knox, nine; with Shiloh, Zahara and Pax (pictured in 2011)
A source told DailyMail.com: 'Brad didn't touch a drop of alcohol all weekend and stuck to drinking English breakfast tea.¬†
'He said he was being tested on a weekly basis by his legal counsel and didn't want to f**k up being able to see his children.'
Reps for both Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have been contacted by DailyMail.com in regards to the claims.
Angelina gave her first interview since separating from husband Brad in September 2016 to Vanity Fair for its September issue.¬†
The Maleficent star addressed the split revealing that 'things got bad' between the two by summer of 2016, adding that 'It's just been the hardest time, and we're just kind of coming up for air.'¬†¬†
In character:¬†Angelina and Brad, who became known as Brangelina, met on the set of their film Mr. And Mrs. Smith in 2004; pictured in the film
They have six kids together: ¬†Maddox, 15; Pax, 13; Shiloh, 11; Zahara, 12; and twins Vivienne and Knox, nine.
After filing for divorce, Angelina took the kids and stayed in a rental before purchasing a $25 million mansion in Los Feliz, California.¬†¬†
The Lara Croft: Tomb Raider star said the new house was 'a big jump forward for us, and we're all trying to do our best to heal as a family.'¬†
The Salt star and Brad were together for 12 years before they announced their split in September; the divorce has not yet been finalized.
She is seeking sole custody of their children.¬†¬†
Honest: The reason given for the stalling of legal proceedings is Brad coming clean about his boozing in an interview with GQ this past May
In September 2016, there was an alleged 'altercation' that involved Brad and Maddox aboard a private jet that was heading from Nice, France to Los Angeles, California; after they landed, Angelina 'kicked him out,' according to Vanity Fair.¬†
Brad was cleared of any wrongdoing.¬†
Angelina and Brad, who became known as 'Brangelina,' met on the set of their film Mr. And Mrs. Smith in 2004 when Brad was still married to Jennifer Aniston.¬†
They married in an intimate ceremony on August 23, 2014 in Correns, France.
She told the magazine that her and her estranged husband 'care for each other and care for our family, and we are both working towards the same goal.'¬†
Opening up:¬†Angelina gave her first interview since separating from husband Brad in September 2016 to Vanity Fair for its September issue
Most watched News videos
- Tourists look on in shock as a dingy of migrants washes up
- Cyclist attacks thief after leaving bike unlocked for seconds
- Sunbathers shocked as migrants load onto beach from dingy
- Mysterious creature spotted in shallow mud pool
- Emergency services work on entering top deck of London bus crash
- Trump threatens North Korea with 'fire and fury' if provoked again
- Princess Diana's driver: Her death 'stirred things within me'
- 'They've been brought to justice': Council chief on sex gang
- Taylor Swift heads to court for DJ's alleged groping lawsuit
- Girl injured when boiling water was thrown on her at a sleepover
- Brotherly love! Sister needs comfort going through car wash
- Huge crowds of saluting North Koreans show loyalty to Kim Jong-un
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.