'My hips are fully lubricated': Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford allude to their sex life with X-rated joke on This Morning as he brags he's 'ready to go' after surgery
- Eamonn Holmes has put himself forward for Strictly Come Dancing 2017
- Ruth Langsford has now been confirmed for the line-up of the BBC competition¬†¬†
- Eamonn and wife Ruth, both 57, joked about their sex life on This Morning
- The TV presenter said he was 'ready to go' after a double hip replacement¬†
- Ruth said she could 'vouch' that her husband's hips are 'fully lubricated'
This Morning nearly turned the air blue on Wednesday as its married co-hosts began alluding to their sex life.
Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes, both 57, jokingly implied that he is back in action after having double hip replacement surgery.
Eamonn put himself forward for Strictly Come Dancing 2017, insisting he was fully recovered from his surgery. His wife was later confirmed as joining this year's line-up of contestants on the hit show.
He bragged that his hips were 'fully lubricated' and 'ready to go', while a giggling Ruth said she could 'vouch' for his statement.¬†
Eamonn Holmes, 57, has put himself forward for Strictly Come Dancing after his hip surgery
Celebrities are currently being confirmed for this year's Strictly line-up, and today This Morning announced that Ruth would be taking part.
Before the announcement Ruth was seen scrolling through an iPad looking at the rumours about who would be hitting the dance floor, at which point Eamonn joked that viewers were desperate to see him on Strictly.¬†
'You know the vast majority of people want me to do it,' Eamonn said.
After Ruth told him that no one was suggesting it would be him, Eamonn said he was prepared to answer the call if he was asked.
Eamonn began gyrating on This Morning to prove that he was ready to hit the Strictly ballroom
'If you're worried about the hips just don't be,' he said,
'They're fully lubricated and ready to go.'
Ruth started to giggle as Eamonn made the crude joke and confirmed that his hips are in good condition.
Giggling, she said: 'I can vouch for that.'
Ruth Langsford, also 57,is the third celebrity to be confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing 2017
Eamonn had a double hip replacement in 2016 after his mobility was affected by the pain in his hips and lower back, leaving him struggling to stand while working at Sky News and This Morning.
Eamonn was absent from the ITV chat show for two months, and eventually returned to TV screens while still on crutches.¬†
Ruth is the latest name to be announced for this year's Strictly Come Dancing, which will return at the end of September.¬†
Also on the line-up is Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays and Davood Ghadami, who plays Kush Kazemi in EastEnders. ¬†
Eamonn had a double hip replacement in 2016 and was of from This Morning for two months
Most watched News videos
- Tourists look on in shock as a dingy of migrants washes up
- Cyclist attacks thief after leaving bike unlocked for seconds
- Sunbathers shocked as migrants load onto beach from dingy
- Mysterious creature spotted in shallow mud pool
- Trump threatens North Korea with 'fire and fury' if provoked again
- Emergency services work on entering top deck of London bus crash
- Princess Diana's driver: Her death 'stirred things within me'
- 'They've been brought to justice': Council chief on sex gang
- Taylor Swift heads to court for DJ's alleged groping lawsuit
- Brotherly love! Sister needs comfort going through car wash
- Girl injured when boiling water was thrown on her at a sleepover
- Huge crowds of saluting North Koreans show loyalty to Kim Jong-un
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.