British golfer Lee Westwood is facing a £50m divorce payout as his wife accuses him of cheating before their 2015 separation
- Top golfer Lee Westwood has been accused of having an affair by wife Laurae
- Ms Westwood accused him of infidelity in legal papers filed in Florida
- Former world number one strenuously denies accusation in papers he filed
- Mr Westwood split wife in 2015 and found love again with model Helen Storey
Top golfer Lee Westwood has been accused of having an affair by his estranged wife.
The British Ryder Cup team member faces a £50m divorce battle with wife Laurae, 42, who accused him of infidelity during their 16-year marriage in legal papers filed in Florida.
Ms Westwood, the sister of Scottish Ryder Cup player Andrew Coltart, cited 'misconduct' in the papers and it is understood that it refers to her suspicion that he had extra-marital affairs, reports The Sun.
Lee Westwood, 44, faces a £50m divorce battle after wife Laurae (pictured together), 42, accused him of infidelity in legal papers filed in Florida
Mr Westwood split with his beauty therapist wife in 2015 and quickly found love again with model Helen Storey (pictured together), 40
Mr Westwood has strenuously denies that he cheated during the couple's 16-year marriage
A family member told the paper: 'The whole thing is a mess. Both have made claims and it is unfortunately for the courts to decide how it ends up.'
Mr Westwood, 44, has strenuously denies that he cheated during the marriage.
The former world number one has taken home £50m prize money during his career and earns an estimated £5m every year in sponsorship deals.
The pair have two children, Sam, 16 and Poppy, 12.
Westwood was named 'Player of the Year' in 1998, 2000 and 2009 but despite his success, he has never won any of golf's four top titles
Mr Westwood plays a shot on the 17th hole watched by girlfriend and caddie Ms Storey during the first round of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
The former world number one has taken home £50m prize money during his career and earns an estimated £5m every year in sponsorship deals
Mr Westwood split with his beauty therapist wife in 2015 and quickly found love again with model Helen Storey, 40.
Westwood was named 'Player of the Year' in 1998, 2000 and 2009 but despite his success, he has never won any of golf's four top titles - the Masters, the US Open, the Open and the PGA Championship.
The couple, who are both believed to be living separately near North Berwick, are set to face each other at Palm Beach county court next month.
But the golfer has asked judges to move the hearing as it clashes with this year's British Masters.
Most watched News videos
- Tourists look on in shock as a dingy of migrants washes up
- Cyclist attacks thief after leaving bike unlocked for seconds
- Sunbathers shocked as migrants load onto beach from dingy
- Mysterious creature spotted in shallow mud pool
- Trump threatens North Korea with 'fire and fury' if provoked again
- Emergency services work on entering top deck of London bus crash
- Princess Diana's driver: Her death 'stirred things within me'
- 'They've been brought to justice': Council chief on sex gang
- Taylor Swift heads to court for DJ's alleged groping lawsuit
- Brotherly love! Sister needs comfort going through car wash
- Girl injured when boiling water was thrown on her at a sleepover
- Huge crowds of saluting North Koreans show loyalty to Kim Jong-un
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.