The Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss takes to Twitter and likely rules out Peter Kraus as next star of ABC dating show
The Bachelorette runner-up Peter Kraus was seemingly eliminated Thursday from being the next star of the ABC dating game show.
The 31-year-old Wisconsin native during the season finale of The Bachelorette admitted to Rachel Lindsay that he wasn't prepared to propose despite loving her.
'Do we really want a Bachelor who isn't ready to settle down with a woman he loves? Hmmm. Not what #thebachelor is all about...,' tweeted series creator Mike Fleiss on Thursday morning.
Twitter subject: Peter Kraus, shown last week in New York City, likely won't be the next star of The Bachelor following a tweet by series creator Mike Fleiss
Fleiss, 53, was obliquely referencing dietitian Kraus who made it to the final two before revealing he wasn't ready to marry Lindsay.
Lindsay instead got engaged to Miami chiropractor Bryan Abasolo, 37, who asked her to marry him during the season finale.
Series host Chris Harrison previously said no decision would be made about who would be the next leading man of The Bachelor until Bachelor In Paradise concludes.
A source told People the tweet by Fleiss was directly aimed at Kraus.
Not ready: The tweet asked if viewers 'really want a Bachelor who isn't ready to settle down with a women he loves?'
'Peter is every Bachelor producer’s worst nightmare: the perfect guy who cannot be coerced into proposing at the end,' the insider said.
'The fact that no one could talk Peter into buckling under and just giving her the ring — and that he wouldn’t play along — absolutely enraged the higher-ups at the show. Including Fleiss, definitely,' the insider added.
'He is totally on their s*** list forever, and there is no way they will reward him with a shot at The Bachelor. No way,' the source said.
Series creator: The Bachelor creator is shown in April 2014 in New York City
Cuddly: Rachel took her fiancé Bryan to Houston to meet her 'extended family' Wednesday
Hometown girl: Rachel cozied up to her dashing chiropractor fiancé Byran during their engagement party in Dallas over the weekend
The source said that producers wouldn't run the risk of Kraus being 'another Brad Womack or, worse, Juan Pablo [Galavis]. Not gonna happen,' the source said.
Womack declined to propose to either of his two finalists during his first stint as The Bachelor during season 11 and Galavis did not propose to his finalist Nikki Ferrell in season 18.
Bachelor In Paradise currently airs on ABC.
The moment: The finale of the 21st season of The Bachelorette saw Bryan pop the question to Rachel at a castle in Rioja, Spain
Most watched News videos
- Panic after truck ploughs into crowds in Barcelona's tourist area
- Police officer appears to lay motionless on ground after attack
- Moment terror suspect in 'bomb-vest' gunned down by police
- Horror in the streets of Barcelona as bodies lay injured
- Moment shots fired in Spanish coastal town Cambrils
- Pedestrians treated on ground after truck crashes into crowd
- Crowds flee area after truck in Barcelona ploughs into pedestrians
- Judge Judy lets dog find its real owner inside court room
- Man appears to be arrested after terror attack in Barcelona
- Finland: People flee as 'attackers' go on 'stabbing rampage'
- Barcelona attack: Chaotic scenes after van crashes into pedestrians
- Astonishing footage shows a lioness jump and hug animal expert
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.