It's the $26million woman! Beaming Emma Stone is seen on the set of Maniac in NYC as she's named the world's highest-paid actress
- Oscar-winning actress was seen on the set of her new Netflix project, Maniac, in New York City on Thursday
- La La Land star, 28, knocked Jennifer Lawrence, 27, off the top spot for 2017 in Forbes' annual list of highest-paid actresses
- Lawrence dropped to No. 3 this year with earnings of $24 million, almost half of her prior year's earnings of $46 million
- Jennifer Aniston, 48, came in at No. 2, making $25.5 million
- Cumulative total earned by the world's top ten highest-paid actresses - $172.5 million - is down 16 percent from the previous year
- Only three women crossed the $20 million mark this year, compared to four in 2016
She has officially dethroned Jennifer Lawrence as the highest-paid actress in the world.
And with a $26 million paycheck for the past 12 months alone, it's no wonder Emma Stone looked like the cat that got the cream as she was seen on the set of her new Netflix project, Maniac, in New York City on Thursday.
Grinning from ear-to-ear as she picked up a refreshing iced tea, the actress, 28, looked happier than ever after taking the top spot on Forbes' annual list.
Scroll down for video
Plenty to smile about! With a $26 million paycheck for the past 12 months, it's no wonder Emma Stone looked happy as she was seen on the set of Maniac in New York City on Thursday
Emma - who plays a mental patient opposite Jonah Hill for the 10-episode series - appeared to be in character, and was dressed casually in jeans and a beige top.
Wearing her dyed platinum blonde locks poker straight, the Oscar-winning star wore black sandals and toted a leather shoulder bag.
Chatting to cast and crew as she strolled around the Manhattan set, the actress had plenty to be pleased about.
As well as being named the highest-paid actress in the world on Wednesday, things seem to be on the up when it comes to her personal life.
Cat that got the cream: Grinning from ear-to-ear as she picked up a refreshing iced tea, the actress, 28, looked happier than ever after taking the top spot on Forbes' annual list
Emma and ex-boyfriend Andrew Garfield, 33, - who she dated for four years - are said to be growing close once again, after she was reportedly seen making multiple trips to watch his play, Angels In America, at London's National Theater.
A source told The Sun: 'Andrew's feelings for Emma never softened and now they are growing close once again.
'There is a lot of history between them but they are both so busy. At the moment they are just seeing what happens.'
Fresh from winning her first Oscar earlier this year, Emma claimed the top spot on Forbes' 2017 list of the world's highest-paid actresses on Wednesday.
Stone made an incredible $26 million in pre-tax earnings, according to Forbes' calculations over a 12-month period from June 2016 to June 2017.
Talented: Fresh off winning her first Oscar, actress Emma Stone ousted Jennifer Lawrence from the top spot on Forbes' 2017 list of the world's highest-paid actresses on Wednesday
Another reason to smile: Emma and ex-boyfriend Andrew Garfield, 33, - who she dated for four years - are also said to be growing close once again (pictured in April 2014)
The redhead portrayed Mia struggling actress Mia in La La Land, which grossed a massive $445.3 million at the global box office.
She outpaced Jennifer Aniston, 48, who came in at No. 2 this year with earnings of $25.5 million, with residual income still coming in from the television sitcom Friends and endorsement deals with brands such as SmartWater and Emirates Airlines.
Lawrence, 27, who topped the Forbes list for two consecutive years, dropped to No. 3 this year with earnings of $24 million, almost half of her prior year's earnings of $46 million.
Most of her earnings came from Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming horror Mother! and Red Sparrow.
The actress, who has spoken out on equal pay for women in Hollywood, saw her earnings dip this year after the conclusion of the Hunger Games franchise, but continues to make money from movie deals and an endorsement deal with Dior.
In the money! Jennifer Aniston, 48, came in at No. 2 this year with earnings of $25.5 million
Forbes compiles its annual celebrity earnings lists from box office and Nielsen data, as well as from interviews with industry insiders.
The top-ten list also includes Charlize Theron, Emma Watson and Melissa McCarthy. Forbes said no stars from Asia made the cut this year.
McCarthy made $18 million this year compared to $33 million in 2016 which put her at No. 2, thanks in part to her role in the all-female Ghostbusters remake.
Watson, 27, is a newcomer to the list after Beauty and the Beast became the biggest grossing movie of the year so far at $1.26 billion.
Forbes said the cumulative total earned by the world's top ten highest-paid actresses - $172.5 million - was down 16 percent from the previous year.
Top of their game: The top-ten list also includes Charlize Theron, Emma Watson (both pictured) and Melissa McCarthy
While four women breached the $20 million mark last year, only three crossed the threshold this year.
Stone also spoke out about the gender salary gap in Hollywood earlier this year, revealing that her male co-stars have taken salary cuts so she could receive equal pay.
'That's something they do for me because they feel it's what’s right and fair,' Stone said to Out magazine.
'That's something that's also not discussed, necessarily — that our getting equal pay is going to require people to selflessly say, "That’s what’s fair."'
Forbes Top 10 World's Highest-Paid Actresses 2017
1. Emma Stone - $26 million
2. Jennifer Aniston - $25.5 million
3. Jennifer Lawrence - $24 million
4. Melissa McCarthy - $18 million
5. Mila Kunis - $15.5 million
6. Emma Watson - $14 million
6. Charlize Theron - $14 million
8. Cate Blanchett - $12 million
8. Julia Roberts - $12 million
10. Amy Adams - $11.5 million
Stone will next be seen alongside Steve Carell in Battle of the Sexes, a true-life tennis drama.
Scarlett Johansson dropped off the list this year as well as two Asian stars Deepika Padukone and Fan Bingbing.
All three earned below the $11.5 million cut off.
Johansson's earnings of $25 million had her at the No. 3 spot in 2016.
Last year, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson topped Forbes' list of highest-paid actors at $64.5 million, more than double the amount made by Stone this year.
Last year, the top 10 highest paid actors made around $457 million. Forbes is expected to release its list of top-earning male actors later this week.
Missed out: Scarlett Johansson dropped off the list this year earning below the $11.5 million cut
Most watched News videos
- Panic after truck ploughs into crowds in Barcelona's tourist area
- Police officer appears to lay motionless on ground after attack
- Moment terror suspect in 'bomb-vest' gunned down by police
- Moment shots fired in Spanish coastal town Cambrils
- Pedestrians treated on ground after truck crashes into crowd
- Judge Judy lets dog find its real owner inside court room
- Horror in the streets of Barcelona as bodies lay injured
- Man appears to be arrested after terror attack in Barcelona
- Finland: People flee as 'attackers' go on 'stabbing rampage'
- Astonishing footage shows a lioness jump and hug animal expert
- Crowds flee area after truck in Barcelona ploughs into pedestrians
- Mother and daughter swept to their death after bridge collapses
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.