Sittin' pretty! Kesha shares photos of herself perched on the FLOOR at the MTV VMAs after her seats were 'lost' at some point during the ceremony
- The 30-year-old singer was at the event to introduce the rapper Logic for his performance
- She and a friend seem to have vacated their seats at one point - perhaps while she was on stage - and when she came back, Kesha said the VMAs 'lost' her seat
- Presumably, someone else was sitting where she had been
- Kesha and her friend were forced to sit on the floor, though she seems to think it was funny and was a good sport
Kesha has two MTV Europe music awards, a platinum record, and a new album that debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 to her name — but what the 30-year-old singer doesn't have is a seat.
At the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, Kesha was left without a place to sit for a period of the show, and had to resort to plopping herself down on the floor at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
Ever the good sport, Kesha didn't seem to mind too much, and even took to social media to share photos of herself sitting there.
Scroll down for video
Just chillin'! Kesha and a friend were stuck sitting on the floor after the VMAs 'lost' her seats on Sunday night
Say cheese! The 30-year-old singer and her friend had seats at one point during the ceremony, but they were 'lost' at some point during the proceedings
No big deal: The 30-year-old didn't seem too bothered while she was plopped down on the ground
Gorge: She also took to social media to share a photo of her hair being touched up
'The VMAs lost our seats so...' the star wrote on Sunday night, posting a picture on Instagram that showed her sitting on the floor against a wall with a friend.
In the image, the singer's fluffy pink Monsoori dress is fanned around her, and she wears a wide-eyed look of surprise, with her arms out and palms up in a shrug.
It's unclear exactly how her seats were 'lost', though it seems likely that someone else was given her chair when she got up to introduce the rapper Logic for his performance.
While she didn't reveal whether or not a seat was eventually found for her, it also seems unlikely that MTV would have left her sitting on the floor for the rest of the evening.
Kesha was on hand at the award show to introduce Logic, who performed a song called '1-800-273-8255', named for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline phone number.
Was this the moment? It is thought that Kesha's seat may have been lost when she took to the stage to introduce a performance
All dolled up: Kesha wore a fluffy pink Monsoori gown for the award show
Goofing around: Despite the ladylike, feminine dress, Kesha showed her signature silliness with a few poses
'It has been said that if you knew who walked beside you, you would never experience fear and doubt again,' she said when she took the stage.
'The truth is piercing and it's the truth that matters. It takes great courage to show the vulnerable side of being human. There is an undeniable strength in the fact you are never alone. If you never give up on your struggles light will break through the darkness.'
Kesha has spoken openly about her struggles with mental health in the past, talking about her history of depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder.
'I've battled a lot of things, including anxiety and depression,,' she told Billboard in December. 'Finding the strength to come forward about those things is not easy. But maybe, by telling my story, I can help someone else going through tough times.'
Helping others: Kesha has been open about her struggles with mental health and has shared her history of depression and anxiety
She also added that the songs on her new album, Rainbow, 'showcase my vulnerabilities as a strength and not as a weakness. In the past, I always felt like I was trying to prove something. Now, I'm writing what I want to share with the world, rather than trying to give the world what it wants. For better or worse, I'm just me.'
Rainbow marks the triumphant return of the singer after her career came to ahalt during her prolonged legal battle with producer Dr. Luke, whose real name Lukasz Gottwald.
Rainbow mixes Kesha's signature pop sounds of seven years ago with raw, powerful songs in which she channels the frustration, hurt, and anger she has felt during a lengthy court battle with Dr. Luke whom she accused of emotional and sexual abuse.
Dr. Luke denied the allegations and counter-sued for defamation.
Most watched News videos
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Cop shoots dead woman after she pulls gun
- Family and friends mourn loss of father of two Cyriac Joseph
- Italian police pick up evidence from scene of Rimini beach rape
- Man loses pants as he is dragged down street by car
- Arrests made as scuffles break out at Berkeley rally
- Houston chopper airlifts people from flooded apartments
- Reckless 4X4 driver almost crashes head first while overtaking
- Conor McGregor slams 'biased' scorecard after round 10 loss
- Houston residents use kayaks and hovercraft to get around
- 'Our eyes are burning' Beachy Head evacuated after 'chemical cloud'
- Houston flooding: People being rescued by US Cost Guard
- Footage of 'massive chlorine cloud' hovering over Beachy Head
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.