Lady in red: Emily Maitlis's plunging neckline heats up awards night
By NIALL FIRTH
Last updated at 14:05 02 February 2008
But the Newsnight presenter, who speaks five languages and went to Cambridge, is made of sterner stuff.
In a scarlet gown that showed off an enviably tanned décolletage, Miss Maitlis brought a splash of colour to the Costa Book Awards.
Scroll down for more...
Maitlis has spoken in the past of her 'inner Jordan', and from the look of these pictures, her glamorous alter-ego seems to be taking over.
Poor Katie Derham, who was also on hand to lend a touch of glamour to proceedings, must have felt quite the prude in her high-necked gown with only her arms on display.
However, this is not the first time that Emily has seen fit to show the world that she's more than just a brilliant mind.
The multi-lingual Cambridge graduate caused outrage among BBC viewers last year when she famously perched on her desk in a skirt hitched up above her knee.
While Jeremy Paxman complains about his Marks and Spencer underpants, a series of wardrobe malfunctions, plunging necklines and creeping hemlines over the past year have cemented Emily Maitlis' position as BBC News' most daring host.
Most watched News videos
- White car drives from woods towards Trump's motorcade then ditches
- Road rage as cyclist goads driver and rips windscreen wiper off
- Good Samaritans form human chain to save Harvey victim
- I spi-something icky: Doctor removes eight-legged parasite
- Cousins forced to dig own grave before being killed by rival gang
- Ex-boyfriend sets up his ex's current beau to be caught cheating
- Robber drags screaming teen girl into house in broad daylight
- HGV crushes a van as it turns, and somehow the driver survives
- Terrifying moment lorry driver slams into family's car
- The nod of the head that betrayed parents who murdered daughter
- Heroic moment men work together to rescue dog from flood
- U.S. bombers fly over Korean peninsula after latest N Korea launch