The female personal trainer who helps President Sarkozy improve his sex life with supermodel wife
One-to-one sessions: President Sarkozy is paying for £150 sessions a few times a week with personal trainer Julie Imperiali
Judging by the stacked heels on his shoes, he will do whatever it takes to measure up to his model wife.
So perhaps it should come as no surprise that Nicolas Sarkozy is also taking drastic steps to enhance their love life.
The French president, 53, has been huffing and puffing his way through exercises to improve his strength 'down there'
He does the £150 sessions a few times a week with personal trainer, Julie Imperiali, who he met through his wife Carla Bruni.
Mrs Imperiali, 26, has described in excruciating detail how the running and stretching exercises will help.
They apparently strengthen the perineal muscles in Mr Sarkozy's lower pelvis. 'Sexual relations are better if the male perineum is in good shape,' said Mrs Imperiali.
'The problems of premature ejaculation are often due to the perineum.'
She added: 'The Anglo-Saxons are a bit prudish about this and say they don't know what we are talking about.'
The 5ft 6in president, nicknamed Speedy because of his high energy levels, married Miss Bruni, 41, a year ago. He had two failed marriages behind him.
Miss Bruni, who stands 5ft 9in, was dubbed a 'maneater' after a string of high profile affairs with celebrities including Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton. She once boasted that 'monogamy bores me'.
Working at it: Mr Sarkozy with his wife Carla Bruni
Mrs Imperiali said the pair met at the Ritz hotel health club in Paris in 2004, adding: 'Something clicked. We got on and she hired me.
'Carla is une bonne vivante. She loves beer. She smokes. She likes good food. But she obviously has an irreproachable constitution. I didn't have to change much in her diet.
'She felt better and better. She had a back problem and we fixed it.'
Mrs Imperiali added that in the ten months she has been working with Mr Sarkozy he has lost 8.8lb and gone down two trouser sizes.
Mr Sarkozy's wife Carla introduced him to Miss Imperiali and her fitness regime
Discussions about personal matters often accompany the presidential sessions. 'We talk about everything and nothing, sometimes about intimate matters,' she said.
Mrs Imperiali describes her patented workout, which also involves yoga and Pilates, as the Tectonic method.
Watch Mrs Imperiali in action here:
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment passengers watch bucket bomb on fire from platform
- BBC Breakfast presenter accidentally flashes underwear
- Trump says he'll call May 'right now' over Parsons Green attack
- Surveillance video shows Kenneka Jenkins stumbling around hotel
- Theresa May announces terror threat level raised to critical
- Tomi Lahren gets tricked and insulted by ‘fan’ in Instagram post
- Friend shares video of Eric Bolling Jr. partying
- Laura Simpson sets the record straight on night with Wayne Rooney
- Trump shakes Melania's hand then ushers her off to the side
- Brooke Baldwin cuts off guest praising '1st Amendment and boobs'
- Emotional return to Texas farm as homeowner finds animals alive
- Hitman moves child out of the way before shooting target