'It actually cost me money': Olivia Munn reveals she didn't get paid for cameo appearance in Ocean's Eight... but was still excited to work with A-list cast
She made a cameo appearance in the new Ocean's Eight movie which was filmed earlier this year.
But Olivia Munn, 37, recently revealed that she was forced to pay for her wardrobe for her part of the franchise, as she dished to Entertainment Weekly radio.
'It actually cost me money to be part of Ocean's Eight,' she laughed. 'It's a whole scene at the Met Ball and they're like, "Do your own glam" and so … I got the dress and all that, and then you submit the bills for it, because I'm part of your movie.'
She had to pay up! Olivia Munn, 37, recently revealed that she was forced to pay for her own 'costume' to be able to take part in a cameo appearance in Ocean's Eight
'They're like, "Oh, no." The bills come right back to you,' Munn explained.
Despite forking out for her costume, Olivia said she's got no hard feelings about the project.
'It is going to be amazing, that’s just a given.'
Olivia also revealed she had been asked quite a bit about the film in recent interviews and although it was widely assumed she played a big role, she was actually only in the movie's Met Gala scene.
No freebies! Olivia who has attended the Met Gala in the past, pictured here in 2017, had to pay for her own dress and glam for the cameo appearance
She will be promoting the film: The actress clarified in an interview with Entertainment Weekly radio that she's not actually part of the main cast
Page Six reported earlier this year that the Met Gala has been entirely re-created for a scene in the new film filmed in January, months before the actual Met Gala in May.
Designers Alexander Wang and Zac Posen are said to be making a cameos, along with Kim Kardashia and Anna Wintour.
The film features mega star Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Anne Hathaway and Mindy Kaling.
'I'm gonna go on the press junkets with them,' she said of her fellow co-stars. 'As long as I can be hanging out with…well, that cast—I'm just as excited as everybody else.'
The film features mega star like Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, and Rihanna,who were spotted filming in NYC in January
Star power! Sandra Bullock stars as Debbie Ocean in the female-led sequel
Most watched News videos
- Kaia Gerber & Gigi Hadid strut their stuff down Fendi's runway
- Kylie Jenner posts Snapchat on day of Megyn interview in April
- New mother Amal turns up for UN meeting on ISIS crimes in Iraq
- Princess Beatrice speaks at the We Day UN event in NYC
- Melania Trump speaks about cyberbullying at a UN luncheon
- Russian beauty shares her haircare secrets in Instagram video
- Woman caught on video beating driver unconscious on roadside
- Badly burned body found at south-west London property
- Hillary Clinton slams Trump's UN speech on Stephen Colbert
- Sophie Lionnet seen in playful video with boy she looked after
- Hurricane Maria makes landfall in Puerto Rico as a Category 4
- Husband on why he kept wife's body at home for days after death
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.