British ISIS fighter who stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Jihadi John in gruesome execution video has been 'killed in battle'
- Death of Ikrima al-Nomani reported on Islamic State social media channels
- Previously named as 20-year-old British medical student, Nasser Muthana
- He featured in execution video of 16 Syrian soldiers and American aid worker
- His father said he should be executed if he was involved in the beheadings
The British ISIS fighter who stood alongside Jihadi John in a gruesome video featuring the execution of an American aid worker and 16 Syrian soldiers has reportedly been killed in Syria.
Islamic State's social media channels have been flooded with the news and chilling tributes to Ikrima al-Nomani who they say died in battle in the western region of Kalamoon.
The tyrant who was among 16 ISIS militants seen beheading soldiers in the Syrian desert has previously been named as Nasser Muthana, a 20-year-old former medical student from Cardiff.
Killers: Nasser Muthana (left) - the ISIS fighter who stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Jihadi John (right) in a gruesome execution video - has reportedly died in battle in Syria
Chilling: Muthana (circled), who has been named on ISIS's social media channels as Ikrima al-Nomani, featured in the gruesome video in which 16 Syrian soldiers (pictured) and an American aid worker were killed
Released in November 2014, the harrowing video also featured a masked Mohammed Emwazi - notoriously known as Jihadi John - who issued a chilling threat to the West before severing the head of aid worker Peter Kassig.
An earlier scene showed the graphic mass murder of Syrian Air Force personnel who were marched single file to a desert location by uniformed Jihadis.
They forced their captives to kneel before they picked up sharp daggers and sawed off the heads of their victims.
As militants stood in a row with their hostages kneeling in front of them, Jihadi John threatened U.S. President Barack Obama who he referred to as 'the dog of Rome'.
Defector: Muthana (pictured in his home town Cardiff) was a British medical student before he travelled to Syria to joing Islamic State
Cruel: He was one of 16 ISIS fighters (pictured) who marched Syrian soldiers into the desert before severing their heads
Revenge: His father Ahmed has said that if he was involved in the beheadings of the soldiers and American aid worker Peter Kassig (pictured) - who was killed in the same video - then his soon should be beheaded too
He said: 'Today we are slaughtering the soldiers of Bashar [Al Assad, the Syrian President] and tomorrow we will be slaughtering your soldiers.'
Muthana's father has previously said his son should be executed if he was involved in the beheadings.
57-year-old Ahmed Muthana said he had disowned his son Nasser, adding: 'I am like any other father. I am trying not to believe it is my boy but it looks like him.
'But I am not going to make excuses for him. He is a grown man and he must face up to what he has done.'
Most watched News videos
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Cops shoot dead man outside 7-Eleven
- Woman caught on video beating driver unconscious on roadside
- Shocking footage shows ISIS terrorists blown up inside a tank
- CCTV shows Domino's pair imitating sex act with yellow cone
- Distressing video of fatally injured boy crying after dog attack
- Trump tells fans to boycott NFL games where players protest
- Sophie Lionnet seen in playful video with boy she looked after
- Transport for London will not renew Uber's London license
- Alpha Phi sorority says n-word during Kanye singalong
- Disgusting video shows KFC employees exposing 'house practices'
- PM Theresa May: progress has been made in "tough" negotiations
- White tiger killed by pack after straying into their enclosure