Want to wear Kate’s favourite designer? Now it’s on the High St
- The Duchess of Cambridge's favourite high street store is L.K.Bennett
- The store is launching it's first ready-to-wear collaboration with Preen
- The collection with prices from £250 goes on sale from October 5th
The Duchess of Cambridge must have plenty on her mind . . . not least the news that her favourite High Street store and designer label have teamed up in an exciting fashion collaboration.
Retailer L.K.Bennett is launching its first ready-to-wear collaboration, a 15-piece collection created with Preen. Having celebrated 20 years in the business last year, Preen’s husband and wife design team Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi have built up a loyal fan base of famous women.
Preen is the label that the likes of Michelle Obama, Gwyneth Paltrow, Christy Turlington, Scarlett Johansson trust to make them look serious but beautiful. The Duchess of Cambridge's favourite high street store is L.K.Bennett
The Duchess of Cambridge's favourite high street store L.K.Bennett is partnering with luxury brand Preen for a new collection. Pictured: Devoto dress, £475, Shoes, £195, lkbennett. com
Luxury brand Preen usually retails dresses in excess of £1,000, the new collection with L.K.Bennett has styles for as little as £250
Remember that diamond-patterned dress Samantha Cameron wore when David Cameron resigned as Prime Minister? Preen. Michelle Obama arriving in the UK with her daughters? Preen. Kate Middleton in Canada? You guessed it.
What Preen isn’t, however, is cheap. For a classic floral, button-down, long-sleeved dress from their autumn collection, you’re talking more than £1,000.
Head to L.K.Bennett from October 5, however, and you can pick up a stunning dress for £250. Still not cheap, certainly, but you’re getting a design classic for about half the price. And because Preen is all about sophistication rather than trends, you’ll be able to wear it again and again.
What we particularly love about the Preen for L.K.Bennett collection is that is encapsulates Preen’s high-end glamour with a dash of the working-wardrobe smartness that L.K.Bennett customers demand.
Sequin dress, £550, Court shoes, £175, lkbennett. com
The investment piece collection launches on October 5th
Alongside the dresses, there are smart separates including a lovely peacock-blue sweater with embellished shoulder detail for £195. Again, the separates aren’t cheap but this collaboration certainly puts the label within the grasp of women who could never previously have afforded it.
Once you’ve chosen your investment piece, the only question to ask yourself is how best to accessorise it. We’d say keep it very simple. A pair of this season’s boots, maybe a velvet heel, and, hey presto, you’re preened to perfection.
L.K.Bennett x Preen collaboration launches on October 5.
Styling: Emily Monckton
Fashion assistant: Isabella Olex
Hair and Make-up: Ami Penfold
Model: Claudia Raba at Models 1
Most watched News videos
- Transgender 'power couple' announce their engagement
- Stacie decides her and Ian are better as friends on First Dates
- Prince Harry hands Mark Ormrod medal during Invictus ceremony
- BBC's Dan Walker accidentally drops 'c-word' on live TV
- Arachnophobic teen suffers horrific spider bite and gaping wound
- Delegate collapses on stage at the Labour Party conference
- 'Goodbye Hef' Pamela Anderson breaks down over Hefner's death
- Canadian DJ tells Harry he'd leave his husband for the Prince
- 'World's best boyfriend' surprises girlfriend with puppy
- Shocking moment police officer is mauled by vicious dog
- Dramatic moment mother gives birth in hospital lift
- England star Ben Stokes in shocking c-word Snapchat video