Kate Bosworth strolls hand in hand with Michael Polish... after speaking out about sexism in Hollywood casting
They've been married for four years.
But it's clear Kate Bosworth and husband Michael Polish are still in the honeymoon phase.
The couple held hands tightly, as they made time for a relaxing stroll through New York.
Stylish stroll: Kate Bosworth looked chic as can be while taking a stroll with husband Michael Polish in New York on Monday
Kate looked supremely chic in shades of black, brown and gold alongside her director love.
Last week, the actress/producer called out the sexist way Hollywood films are cast, explaining that without 'exception,' producers cast male actors ahead of female talent during a chat withPeople.
In the new pictures the producer/actress, 34, glowed while stepping onto the street in a lacy cami tucked into a pencil skirt.
Looking effortlessly poised, the Blue Crush beauty tossed a camel colored coat over one shoulder while slinging a crossbody Miu Miu purse across her front.
Pencil me in! The producer/actress, 34, glowed while stepping onto the street in a lacy cami tucked into a pencil skirt
Pointy gold heels rounded out the look along with bold hoops, square sunglasses and a perky topknot.
The California girl held hands with her husband of four years, who looked laid back in a hat, aviator sunglasses and long-sleeved tee.
Last Thursday, Kate opened up about one of the ways sexism still pervades filmmaking, explaining that projects always 'cast the guy first.'
The Still Alice talent didn't mask her frustration during the chat with People.
'The one thing I heard on every single film — and I’m telling you there isn’t an exception — whenever I’m up for a role, really no matter how big or small, the answer that I always get from anyone who's casting me [is], "We have to cast the guy first."'
Teamwork! The star currently has three exec producer credits; for 2014's Amnesiac, as well as Hot Bot and Nona, which were all directed by husband Michael (above September 7)
'Every single one, there is no exception,' she added. 'Unless I’m producing it.'
The star currently has three exec producer credits; for 2014's Amnesiac, as well as Hot Bot and Nona, which were all directed by husband Michael.
Kate continued, stressing the importance of calling out inequality in the industry.
'It’s important to say, "Let’s look at this in an equal way. Let’s look at who to cast or who to bring on or who to collaborate with because they’re great or because they’re right for it",' she said.
Most watched News videos
- 'We haven't spoken since' Rodney Bewes on his fallout with Bolam
- North Korean defector is shot as he runs across the border
- Rodney Bewes: Ferris talks settling down in Likely Lads sketch
- Mugabe son pours Champagne over £45,000 watch while partying
- Argentine search boat battles storm as eight metre waves hit
- Uncaring and uncouth: Corbyn turns on Tory MP in Budget response
- Female North Korean defector reveals harsh truths about the regime
- This £24.8K flat pack folding home takes just SIX HOURS to build
- Serial killer and cult leader Charles Manson dies at 83
- Nick Carter and Michelle Schuman appear in 2004's The Hollow
- Catholic school forced to cover up 'unfortunate' new statue
- Huntswoman appears to batter saboteur with riding crop