'The pony was SHOOK!' Twitter goes into ecstasies over image of Beyoncé on Serena Williams' wedding carousel - because of the hilarious expression of the horse she chose to sit on
- Beyoncé attended Serena Williams' wedding in New Orleans on Friday
- She was snapped sitting on a toy pony on a carousel during the reception
- Twitter has reacted to the image, joking that the pony looked incredibly excited and was in shock that Beyoncé was sitting on it
The singer, who is notoriously controlling of her public image, was snapped on a carousel during the reception, sitting atop a toy pony and smiling at something off-camera.
Some have found the photo humorous — but it's the pony, not Queen Bey herself, who is earning the most laughs.
Going viral: The internet is loving this picture of Beyoncé at Serena Williams' wedding
She's riding ME!? A Beyoncé fan account zoomed in on the face of the carousel pony she was sitting on, joking that the horse looked super excited
Beyoncé? Others joined in to comment on how thrilled the horse look
She touched it! One joked that the horse was probably thinking that it would never wash its saddle again
While many have found the unusual image of Beyoncé sitting on a carousel surprising, it seems no one was more surprised than that pony.
Beyoncé fan account@Info_Bey shared the snap on Friday, adding a close-up of the toy horse's face.
It looks a big scared and surprise, its eyes wide and its mouth open. Its head is jerked back as if it has been caught off-guard.
Though the inanimate object is obviously always striking the same face, the expression seemed particularly appropriate for the circumstances.
'The pony was SHOOK!' wrote the Beyoncé account, also adding an image of Tiffany 'New York' Pollard famously yelling 'Beyoncé?' in disbelief on the VH1 reality show Flavor of Love in 2006.
Amazing: Twitter users joked that the toy pony's permanent expression was appropriate given the situation
Not alone: The horse certainly wouldn't be the first to freak out over Queen Bey
Naughty Girl: Beyoncé shared images of herself from the evening, wearing a teal dress
The tweet has been liked a quarter of a million times and has been retweeted more than 117,000 times.
Hundreds of people have also commented to express their appreciation and admit that they, too, would be shocked to be that close to Beyoncé.
"I'll never wash my saddle again,' one jokingly imagined the pony saying after Beyoncé sat on it.
Other images of the 36-year-old singer from that night were personally curated by the star.
Formation: Her personal images are usually much more staged than the carousel shot, like this one
Flawless: Beyoncé posed in this asymmetrical dress and strappy heels
Freedom: She was also seen sitting near Kim Kardashian during the party
In pictures she shared herself, Beyoncé is seen posing glamorously in her teal dress and showing off her jewelry.
In another image from the reception, she is seated three down from Kim Kardashian. She was also spotted with her Destiny Child's band mate Kelly Rowland, who sparkled in a pink and purple gown.
Legendary Vogue magazine editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, actress Eva Longoria and singer Ciara were all spotted at the affair as well.
Beyoncé's husband Jay-Z was not in attendance and may have been at home with the couple's three children.
Most watched News videos
- DUP leader lashes out at Irish government over Belfast agreement
- New invisible box jump trend takes Twitter by storm
- Trump announces plans to shrink National Monuments in Utah
- Knife-wielding moped robbers raid building on Fleet Street
- Busted! Package thief caught after her getaway driver flees
- Everyone is trying the latest trend: Invisible box challenge!
- Sir Elton on stage in Barcelona just hours before his mother died
- 'Hypocrite' Nigel Farage refuses to hand back £73,000 EU pension
- Rare colour footage of British and US troops preparing for D-Day
- Brexit Secretary David Davis hopes for 'sufficient progress' today
- Disturbing video shows teen hurling a cat into the street
- Horrifying moment dashcam shows lorry ploughing into two cars