'No-holds-barred, better than ever': Kerry Washington promises lots of drama for Scandal's seventh and final season
Since its debut, Scandal's been one of the most riveting things on television.
And for the show's seventh and final season, actress Kerry Washington and co-stars aren't pulling any dramatic punches.
Appearing on Good Morning America Wednesday, the 40-year-old starlet revealed the last leg of the Shonda Rhimes show plans 'to be no-holds-barred, better than ever, no holding punches, [and] putting it all out on the table.'
Scroll down for video
Bright spot! Kerry Washington was colorful and chic during her appearance on Good Morning America Wednesday AM
Kerry looked absolutely stunning in a colorful silk frock by Peter Pilotto paired with turquoise heels by Alexandre Birman for her appearance at the morning show's Times Square studio.
The end of the show is bittersweet for the Confirmation star, who explained she and her castmates are 'all a little sad but also we feel grateful' to be ending the show on its own terms.
The star also revealed that Washington DC's IRL antics have forced the show to come up with even wilder plots for their fictitious version of the US capital.
Stranger than fiction! The Emmy nominated actress revealed that Washington DC's IRL antics have forced the show to come up with an even wilder fictitional version of the US capital
The drama! The 40-year-old starlet opened up about what's in store for Scandal's final season and how real-life Washington DC politics have affected the fictional world of Shondaland
'As we have created sort of the imaginary world of the impossible in Washington, now that’s happening in the real world, so we’ve had to up our ante,' she told the GMA hosts.
In the ABC hit, Washington plays DC fixer Olivia Pope - a high-powered Capitol Hill woman who's politics and personal life intertwine in the juiciest ways possible.
The leading lady explained she was more surprised than anyone to see how her character's evolved.
'Never in my wildest dreams': Washington's been floored by how much her character Olivia Pope has changed during the show's six (soon-to-be seven) season run, saying she never 'could have imagined' who the DC powerhouse has become
'I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined that we are ending the season with Olivia Pope who she is,' she said, 'It’s beyond what I could have imagined.'
Scandal's sixth season wraps up with a two-hour season finale featuring an appearance by Olivia Pope's mom.
The political melodrama airs Thursday at 9pm on ABC.
Wrapping up: Season six of Scandal will finish up with a two-hour finale Thursday at 9pm on ABC. Above you can see Washington as character Olivia Pope (right) beside Bellamy Young, who plays senator Mellie Graham in the series
Most watched News videos
- Shocking body cam video shows Arizona cop shooting Daniel Shaver
- 'I'll f*****g slap you': Moment argument erupts on busy train
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Adult movie star August Ames posts videos of her cat on Instagram
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Dad beats young girl then shaves her head
- Mother in shock after daughters surprise return from Australia
- Adorable moment lioness shares huge cuddle with caretaker
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- PM: 'Significant improvement has been made in best interests of UK'
- Moment couple are filmed having sex while driving