Do you Believe? Cher, 70, says she's not a fan of her own music ahead of winning Icon honor at the Billboard Awards
She boasts five number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in her long, storied career.
But most of the songs that made Cher the one-named icon she is today aren't her favorite by any means.
'I’m not a Cher fan,' the legendary diva told Billboard Magazine, of which a classic 1970's shot of the singer graces the cover of.
Cover girl: A classic shot of Cher from the 1970's graces the cover of Billboard's current issue
The 70-year-old continues by saying, 'I just don’t think my aesthetic taste lies in her direction,' about early hits like Half Breed and Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves.
Cher will turn 71 the day before receiving the Icon Award at Sunday's Billboard Awards, which will mark her first awards show performance in 15 years.
'I don’t like getting old. I’m shocked that I can still run across the stage at my age. I thought I’d be dead,' the ever-candid star told the magazine's Rob Tannenbaum.
Icon: The singer, seen here in April, will be honored with Billboard's Icon Award on Sunday, one day after her 71st birthday
She is currently performing her Classic Cher concert show, which is split between Las Vegas and Washington D.C.
And though she says she hates some of the hits performed in the show, she hates some of her music that has flopped even more, calling 1995 album It's A Man's World 'crap.'
'I don’t remember what’s on it -- I didn’t like any of it.'
Iconic: The boundary pushing singer was nearly banned from MTV for her If I Could Turn Back Time outfit (L) and is seen at her first of many farewell tours in 2003 (R)
Even claims that she likes her late 1980's hits like If I Can Turn Back Time have been rebutted by songwriter Diane Warren, who claims she had to 'force' the singer to record the song.
Warren told The Hollywood Reporter, 'I held her leg down during a session and said, ‘You have to record it!’'
Cher's response? 'F*** you, bitch! You’re hurting my leg! OK, I’ll try it.'
Haven't seen it: The icon said in 2014 that she never watched her 2010 movie Burlesque
Everlasting: The film, which co-starred Christina Aguilera spawned a dance hit with You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
It's not just her songs that Cher doesn't care for.
In 2014 she was asked by a fan on Twitter when the last time she watched her 2010 movie Burlesque with Christina Aguilera.
'Don't think ever?,' she responded.
Oscar winner: Cher won the 1988 award for Best Actress in Moonstruck as Loretta Castorini
Still, for every under performance in her career, there have been even bigger wins.
She won the 1988 Best Actress award at the Oscars for her role as Loretta Castorini in Moonstruck against Meryl Streep.
Cher and Meryl co-starred in 1983's Silkwood, where Cher took home a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress.
Most watched News videos
- Shocking body cam video shows Arizona cop shooting Daniel Shaver
- 'I'll f*****g slap you': Moment argument erupts on busy train
- President Trump slurs speech during Jerusalem address
- Man rescues rabbit amidst intensifying flames from LA wildfire
- Adult movie star August Ames posts videos of her cat on Instagram
- Sarah Sanders: Trump slurred words because his 'throat was dry'
- Adorable moment lioness shares huge cuddle with caretaker
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Dad beats young girl then shaves her head
- Mother in shock after daughters surprise return from Australia
- ISIS fighters scream in panic before being blown up in Syria
- PM: 'Significant improvement has been made in best interests of UK'
- Moment couple are filmed having sex while driving