GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Formula 1 driver turned jewellery designer Jenson Button bats off suggestion he might propose to Playboy model girlfriend
Jenson Button's girlfriend of 18 months, Brittny Ward, had better not hold her breath if she is expecting a sparkler
After retiring from the macho world of Formula 1, I was expecting Jenson Button to take up a few adrenaline junkie hobbies like base jumping or rock-climbing.
Instead he’s gone all metrosexual… and taken up jewellery design.
But Brittny Ward, his girlfriend of 18 months, had better not hold her breath if she is expecting a sparkler.
The former world champion batted off my suggestion he might use his new skills to design an engagement ring for the Playboy model.
Instead she will have to make do with a £30,000 bracelet he has made and named after himself.
‘It’s going to be called the Jenson and will be the colours of my Brawn car from 2009 when I won the World Championship – yellowish and white with a bit of black,’ said the 37-year-old, who is working with of luxury jewellery brand Parham Ramezani.
Jenson’s taste is unusual – the bracelets, below, have two watch-like dials. Let’s hope he has better taste in rings when he finally gets round to making one.
Scroll down for video
The former F1 world champion batted off suggestions he might use his new skills as a jewellery designer to design an engagement ring for the Playboy model
He’s been on the show for six years, but Mark-Francis Vandelli hates Made In Chelsea, never watches it and regards his co-stars as people picked from ‘the gutters’.
Mark-Francis is such a reluctant participant that his picture has to be inserted into promotional photographic shoots by computer wizardry.
Mark-Francis is such a reluctant participant in Made In Chelsea that his picture has to be inserted into promotional photographic shoots
‘I refuse to do photoshoots – they have to copy and paste me in,’ the 26-year-old told me. ‘I don’t know who anyone is in Made In Chelsea any more.
I never watch the show and refuse to spend any time with the unpleasant strangers on it. They don’t pick people from the streets of SW3 for it, they go into the gutters.’
Seems he’s still happy to take the fat pay cheque, mind you.
Most watched News videos
- 'Moment pipe bomb malfunctions': CCTV shows moment of explosion
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Cops run through Port Authority after 'pipe bomb explodes'
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Homeowner's exploding package stops thieves over the years
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced
- Stars pay tribute for TV legend Keith Chegwin
- Cop shoots suspect as he drags other officer around by his leg
- Keith Chegwin is all smiles at The British Academy Awards
- The information queue lengthens as customers wait for hours
- Olly Murs hilariously dances in snow in just a Christmas jumper
- The last Tasmanian Tiger seen in captivity just before its death