Game of Thrones actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau claims ex-manager set him up with 'sham' deals in fraud lawsuit
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau said in court docs Friday that his ex-manager Jill Littman and her company Impression Entertainment set him up with a pair of bad contracts over a three-year span in hopes of collecting his money after they stopped working with one another.
The Game of Thrones actor, who plays Jaime Lannister on the HBO smash hit, told the court that a verbal deal he previously brokered with Littman would entitle her to 10 percent commission for his earnings while they worked together, according to TMZ.
The Denmark native, who celebrated his 47th birthday on Thursday, told the court that he wanted to avoid putting any deals in writing, but Littman stressed to him that it was a mandatory aspect to maintaining his work visa, according to the outlet.
Court battle: Game of Thrones actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, 47, said in court docs that his ex-manager Jill Littman set him up with two bad contracts over a three-year span, TMZ reports
He said Littman fraudulently used 'sham documents' that he believed were integral to the visa process, according to The Hollywood Reporter, in hopes of continuing to collect the percentage of his earnings.
Littman responded in saying she was 'disappointed' that Coster-Waldau reneged on 'on his contractual obligation' with them, in addition to publicizing their disagreement, THR reported.
The two contracts were inked in 2011 and 2014. Littman, through her lawyer Howard King, said that Coster-Waldau sought to escape the 2014 pact the following year - and told her she would continue to receive the 10 percent commission throughout the duration of his stint on the show - but eventually stopped payment after their working relationship was dissolved.
Taking the cake: The Danish entertainer celebrated his 47th birthday on Thursday
Veteran: Coster-Waldau has appeared on the HBO smash hit from 2011-2017
Coster-Waldau, according to THR, requested the court enforce a temporary restraining order against Impression Entertainment from moving forward in an arbitration process with him, as he says his past contracts were tainted by the fraudulent nature in which he was persuaded to sign them.
The actor is currently busy with other projects in addition to Game of Thrones, as he appears in the drama Shot Caller with Jon Bernthal and Lake Bell; as well as Domino, a crime thriller helmed by famed director Brian De Palma.
Most watched News videos
- 'Moment pipe bomb malfunctions': CCTV shows moment of explosion
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Cops run through Port Authority after 'pipe bomb explodes'
- Homeowner's exploding package stops thieves over the years
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced
- Stars pay tribute for TV legend Keith Chegwin
- Woman puts life in danger as she rescues drowning dog from sea
- Cop shoots suspect as he drags other officer around by his leg
- Keith Chegwin is all smiles at The British Academy Awards
- Terrifying moment bride is bitten by shark during honeymoon swim