University of Central Florida fraternity brother behind bars after 'raping another student he was friends with' at a 'New Years in July' party
- Alexander Garces, 22, charged with sexual battery and false imprisonment
- Garces was at the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity's on-campus house for the party
- He was with another man, a former UFC student and ATO fraternity brother
- Victim said they were locked in a room and had to perform oral sex on Garces
- Garces then allegedly left when victim told him they had been raped before
- He allegedly left victim alone the other man, who proceeded to rape them
Alexander Garces, 22, has been charged with sexual battery and false imprisonment for allegedly raping a guest at his fraternity
A University of Central Florida student has been accused of raping a person during a party at his fraternity.
Alexander Garces, 22, has been charged with sexual battery and false imprisonment for allegedly attacking a guest at the Alpha Tau Omega 'New Years in July' party.
The victim's gender and name have not been revealed in the police report.
Garces allegedly approached the victim during the July 22 party at the fraternity's on-campus house when they were alone and asked them to come upstairs with him and another man.
The victim told UCF police they were friends with Garces and did not feel uncomfortable going upstairs with him. They did not know the other man.
When the victim went into a room with the pair, the man closed and locked the door and Garces began to play music on his cellphone, according to WKMG Orlando.
The man is a former UCF student and a former member of the ATO fraternity, UCF Police public information officer Courtney Gilmartin told Daily Mail Online.
His name is currently not being released because it is considered an active investigation. A warrant is out for his arrest.
The victim told police they sat on the couch and then Garces grabbed them by the legs and pulled so they would be forced onto their back.
Garces allegedly approached the victim during the July 22 party at the fraternity's on-campus house when they were alone and asked them to come upstairs with him and another man
He then allegedly began to touch the victim sexually, grabbing their hair and forcing them to the ground when the victim tried to stop him, the report reads.
The victim said Garces removed their shirt and forced them to perform oral sex on him, according to WFTV.
Police said the other man then removed the victim's underwear.
The victim punched Garces in the ribs during the attack. They said he then asked: 'I've never seen you like this before, what's going on?'
That's when the victim told Garces they had been 'raped before' and were 'not about to be in a situation like this', the report reads.
The victim, who later told police they tried to keep their friends nearby because they didn't want to be put in a 'bad situation', then told him 'don't do this to me'.
The guest, whose name and gender have not been released, told police they were friends with Garces and did not feel unsafe going upstairs with him
Garces then grabbed his cellphone and left the room, leaving the victim alone with his former fraternity brother, police said.
The victim told police the man then raped them and put his hands around their throat and mouth to stop them for screaming.
When he suddenly stopped and left the room, the victim fled the party.
Surveillance footage shows the victim crying outside the fraternity house while several men try to comfort them.
Garces was arrested on Monday night at the ATO house. He remains behind bars.
Alpha Tau Omega fraternity said it 'immediately suspended' Garces after learning of the police investigation on Saturday.
'ATO is conducting an internal investigation and will assist local authorities and university officials as requested,' the statement reads.
'The alleged assault reportedly occurred during a July 22nd party at the chapter house. The party was approved by UCF and held in accordance to strict university guidelines.'
Alpha Tau Omega fraternity said it 'immediately suspended' Garces after learning of the police investigation on Saturday. He was arrested at the house on Monday night
Most watched News videos
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Homeowner's exploding package stops thieves over the years
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Woman puts life in danger as she rescues drowning dog from sea
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- 'Moment pipe bomb malfunctions': CCTV shows moment of explosion
- Terrifying moment bride is bitten by shark during honeymoon swim
- Heartwarming moment teen gets car from girlfriend's family
- MMA fighter posts video calling out mother of Keaton Jones
- Navajo men and women enjoy a traditional meal together in 1939
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced