Celebrity make-up artist to Megan Fox and Glenn Close glams up his 78-year-old mom with weekly makeovers to help her cope with the death of his alcoholic brother
- Tim Quinn, 50, is a make-up artist to the stars based in Boca Raton, Florida
- In 2015 he lost his youngest brother Michael to alcoholism
- He found that make-up made his devastated mother Christine, 78, feel better
- He now does her make-up at her nursing home and live-streams it on Facebook
A make-up artist to stars including Glenn Close, Diane Lane and Megan Fox is gaining further notoriety for his work with a very special client - his mom.
Tim Quinn, 50, has worked with many stars but since his youngest brother, Michael, died from alcoholism in 2015 aged 38, he started doing his 78-year-old mother's make-up regularly and has been sharing the results on Facebook.
Quinn, who is from Boca Raton, Florida, said he noticed not only how his mother's spirit lifted, but how others treated her differently. 'She really came back alive. I saw the therapeutic benefit of it,' he said.
Quinn live-streams the make-up sessions from his mother's nursing home so that friends and family can tune in. He was initially surprised at the number of people watching the videos
Christine Quinn is pictured before and after her son gave her a makeover after she had a fall that gave her a black eye. 'Make-up brings everyone alive,' he said.
Tim is pictured after the Golden Globes with actress Keke Palmer. Quinn has worked with several celebrity clients, but has recently gotten a lot of attention for his work with his mom
Quinn told ABC News: 'Sometimes you have to put your best face forward so I kind of glammed her up.'
For two years, Quinn has been live-streaming his mother's make-up sessions on Facebook so friends, family and strangers can see them. Fans have given her the nickname 'Glams'.
'Everybody gets the story because everyone has a mother,' he said.
Celebrity make-up artist Tim Quinn (left) does his mother's makeup weekly to lift her spirits
Quinn has been the 'Celebrity Face Designer' for Armani's cosmetics line since 2001. He is pictured above at an Oscar party in March with actress Sarah Paulson
Quinn is pictured with Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer at a charity event in 2016
Most of Quinn's live-streams are done at the assisted living home where his parents both live.
'My mom has the beginning stages of dementia,' he explains. 'The nurses and doctors also call her "Glams".'
Quinn's parents have lost three of their seven children. His two older sisters passed away in the 60s.
Christine Quinn, 78, sits in Boca Raton, Florida, with a Maltese-Poodle named Pickle
Quinn battled testicular cancer in 2007. He's been in remission for nine years.
'I've seen it firsthand. When I was sick and had cancer, I didn't look like myself,' he explained. 'People treat you differently.'
Quinn said it's the least he can do for his mother.
'I was very fortunate that I grew up in a family that was together and still is,' he said. 'I go and try to bring the joy when I can. Make-up brings everyone alive.'
Most watched News videos
- Video claims to show arrest in Salford after 'deliberate' fire
- Shocking video shows couple having SEX on a beach in middle of day
- Woman puts life in danger as she rescues drowning dog from sea
- Father Christmas skids car to a stop to come to the rescue
- Bullied boy speaks out after students pick on him in school
- Shocking moment Chinese daredevil falls to death from skyscraper
- Caller interrupts presenter after Chegwin's death announced
- Heartwarming moment teen gets car from girlfriend's family
- Navajo men and women enjoy a traditional meal together in 1939
- Roy Moore refuses to concede in Alabama senate race to Doug Jones
- Comedian Peter Kay announces he's going back on the road
- Horrifying moment scrambler bike rider smashes into a girl