'We're gonna keep him around!' Malin Akerman celebrates engagement to 'sweet and loving' Jack Donnelly
Malin Akerman is engaged.
The actress announced her happy news on Friday, sharing a picture of herself with British actor boyfriend Jack Donnelly.
Her engagement ring could be seen in the image, with the white gold or platinum band featuring a large round stone surrounded by smaller stones.
'We're gonna keep him around!' Malin Akerman celebrates engagement to 'sweet and loving' Jack Donnelly with an Instagram post on Friday
The single mother acknowledged Jack's importance to her four-year-old son in her post, writing: This sweet and loving man has stepped into our lives and stole both our hearts!
'I think we’re gonna keep him around for a while.'
The Wanderlust star added a winking smiley face and tagged her post: 'engaged', 'I said yes', 'Jack Donnelly' and 'family'.
Malin, 39, went public with the 31-year-old Atlantis star in March, when they were photographed kissing in Puerto Rico.
The Swedish-born star was previously married to musician Roberto Zincone, but their six-year-marriage came to an end shortly after she welcomed Sebastian in 2013.
Father material: The single mother acknowledged Jack's importance to her four-year-old son in her post; the two are pictured on September 28 in New York
Last January, Malin opened up to People magazine about the split, revealing her 'roll with the punches' attitude to life.
She said: 'You can't control life. I roll with the punches and ultimately it's like, 'Where is the opportunity in this?'
'And that's been a nice way to look at it. Like, oh my God, I get to have so much special time with my son now.'
But she added that any new man in her life would have to compete with her child for attention.
Family time: Jack has been seen with Malin and son Sebastian; here they are pictured in March
Malin added: 'It's hard because your heart is so full for your child, the next guy that comes along is going to have a lot of competition!'
The actress is currently starring in Showtime's hit series Billions alongside British superstar Damian Lewis.
The blonde beauty plays Lara Axelrod, the wife of slightly manic whizz financier Bobby 'Ax' Axelrod in the show, which addresses the world of high finance and insider trading.
Malin previously starred in ABC sitcom Trophy Wife alongside Bradley Whitford and garnered acclaim for her performance in horror film The Final Girls, 2015.
Besotted: The two have attended a number of red carpet events recently, including this party in New York last month
Most watched News videos
- F***ing joke? Paula Radcliffe's husband on Mo Farah's SPOTY win
- Police statement after 'horrific' multi-vehicle crash in Birmingham
- Bystander films chaotic scene of the derailed Amtrak train
- Thousands turn out to see criminals sentenced and executed
- Ashley Jensen seen with her husband at the 2008 Emmy Awards
- Exposed: Ruthless exploitation of cabin crew by Ryanair
- Shocking footage shows fire breaking out at Cameron House, Scotland
- Scene of fatal car crash in Birmingham where at least 6 died
- Surveillance footage shows moment off-duty officer tracks gunman
- Aerial views of RAF Mildenhall as security lockdown is ended
- Adorable video of little girls dancing with staff at airport
- Footage shows moments after horror car smash in which 6 died