Rooting for the home team! Olympian Simone Biles dons red boots, pom-poms and takes to the field to make her debut as an honorary CHEERLEADER for the Houston Texans
- The 20-year-old Olympic champion was all smiles as she nailed the routines alongside the squad at NRG Stadium on Sunday
- The offer came after Texans fan Simone wrote on Twitter that she thought it would be 'so fun' to be a cheerleader
- Two days later, the squad announced that they would be making Simone an honorary member for the team's next home game
Simone Biles has made her debut as an honorary member of the Houston Texans cheerleading squad.
The Olympic champion gymnast had been anticipating the day for quite sometime, and looked absolutely elated to be waving her red pom-poms on the field during the Texans game against San Francisco on Sunday.
Simone proved herself a total natural and had taken the task seriously. She attended practices with the squad and even donned a set of the squad's famous red boots.
Hitting the field: Gymnast Simone Biles made her debut as an honorary Houston Texans Cheerleader on Sunday
Having a blast: Simone looked delighted as she joined the squad in their routines
Beauty in boots: Simone had been looking forward to the event and documented her experience on social media
Simone's participation in the event was announced last month and she was even given her own locker at NRG Stadium for the occasion.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Simone said that the other members of the squad have been in constant contact with her as she prepared for the appearance.
'They've been so helpful in and out of practice, sending me videos and all that and even just today, they're like, "Let's go over this,"' she said.
'So, they're so helpful in telling me how the crowd's going to react and how loud it's going to be so to not pay attention because you can get distracted.'
Got the moves: Simone took the appearance very seriously, showing up to practice with the other cheerleaders to prepare
Little and large: While at the game, 4'9 Simone posed with 7'0 basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon
Hometown hero: Simone proved herself to be a natural while on the field (pictured during the first quarter)
Happy day: Simone was gifted her own pair of the famous red boots worn by the squad
Simone also revealed that she has now returned to training with plans to make her return to world-class gymnastics competition after taking some time off.
But Simone's latest venture has been occupying her mind ever since the Houston Texans squad made the announcement on Twitter last month, praising Simone as an 'icon'.
It appears as though it all started when Simone sent out a tweet just before the Texans’ Monday Night Football defeat to the Baltimore Ravens earlier last month.
Texas resident Simone took to the social media site to gush about the cheerleaders.
Helping out: She also revealed that the other cheerleaders were in constant contact with her
A big welcome: Simone even received her own locker at NRG Stadium for the occasion
Part of the group: Simone was invited to be a guest with the team after previously expressing on Twitter that she thought it would be 'fun' to be a cheerleader
All smiles: Simone is seen talking to the media before hitting the field on Sunday
'Honestly how fun would it be to be an NFL cheerleader,' she wrote.
One of her followers chimed in: 'I think @HoustonTexans should make you an honorary cheerleader for a game.'
Simone responded with excitement over the idea, declaring: 'That would be so fun!!'
It appears that the team must have gotten wind of her ambitions, because it was just two days later that they revealed they would be making Simone's dream come true.
Another venture: Simone is an Olympic champion several times over in gymnastics
Big news: The team made the big announcement on Twitter last month, calling her an 'icon'
Hands up: Simone is a four-time Olympic champion - but has expressed a wish to be a cheerleader
Simone replied to the big announcement on Twitter, writing: 'I'M SO EXCITED I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!!'
Fans will be able to watch her in action during the team's next home game, which sees Houston take on the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, December 10.
One follower suggested the Texans should invite the 10-time world champion to join their group, which garnered a positive reaction from Biles.
Most watched News videos
- Donald Trump uses two hands to drink water from glass
- Munroe Bergdorf told off for saying n-word on Good Morning Britain
- 'Several people killed' after Amtrak train derails near Seattle
- F***ing joke? Paula Radcliffe's husband on Mo Farah's SPOTY win
- Sheriff reveals horrifying details about woman mauled by dogs
- ISIS claims it has hacked US Army sites in new propaganda video
- Thousands turn out to see criminals sentenced and executed
- Shocking footage shows fire breaking out at Cameron House, Scotland
- Saudi air forces intercept ballistic missiles fired by Yemen rebels
- Woman brings BABY into out-of-control brawl at Florida mall
- Terrifying moment plane crashes at airshow in the Russian Arctic
- Fire rages from car after it exploded with driver stuck inside