Business as usual! Meghan Markle's mother Doria, 61, is spotted picking up her dry cleaning as her daughter settles into Royal life
- Doria, 61, was spotted nipping out of a laundrette near her home in Los Angeles
- Comes as daughter Meghan moved in to Kensington Palace with Prince Harry
- The couple are set to tie the knot in May next year, after Kate's third child is born
- Meghan's mother, a yoga and social worker, says she is 'incredibly happy'
Her daughter is currently settling into royal life after swapping Toronto for Kensington Palace with fiancé Prince Harry.
But it was business as usual for Doria Ragland as she completed household chores near her Los Angeles home on Friday night.
Meghan Markle's mother was spotted nipping out to pick up her dry cleaning, clad in a padded gilet and jogging bottoms.
The social worker and yoga instructor, 61, kept cosy with a pair of Ugg slippers as she was seen leaving her local laundrette.
Scroll down for video
Incognito: Meghan's mother Doria Ragland completes household chores near her Los Angeles home on Friday night, as her daughter settles into Royal life in London
Doria is said to be overjoyed at the news, announced last month, of daughter Meghan's engagement to Prince Harry.
She had previously kept tight-lipped about the couple's blossoming relationship but said in a joint announcement with Thomas Markle: 'We are incredibly happy for Meghan and Harry.
'Our daughter has always been a kind and loving person. To see her union with Harry, who shares the same qualities, is a source of great joy for us as parents.
'We wish them a lifetime of happiness and are very excited for their future together.'
Meghan, who is currently installed in Nottingham Cottage with Prince Harry, completed her first royal engagement in the Midlands.
The actress has previously opened up about her parents, who divorced when she was almost six years old.
Proud mother: Doria is said to be overjoyed at the engagement news, announced last month, of daughter Meghan's engagement to Prince Harry
Royal couple: Doria had previously kept tight-lipped about the couple's blossoming relationship but said in a joint announcement with Thomas Markle: 'We are incredibly happy for Meghan and Harry'
Make like Meghan in a wrap coat by Line the Label
It's the good news we've all been waiting to hear. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged!
We're already big fans of Meghan's wardrobe, but now that the Suits actress will officially be joining the Royal family when the couple tie the knot, she's right up there with the Duchess of Cambridge on our list of people whose style we want to copy.
The pair posed for a photocall in the gardens of Kensington Palace after announcing that Harry has popped the question, and of course the bride-to-be looked beautiful. We can't wait to see what she'll wear to walk down the aisle, but this chic coat will keep us ticking over until next year!
Meghan made her debut as Harry's fiancée wearing a belted wrap coat by Line the Label in an appropriately bridal shade of white. When layered over a green dress by P.A.R.O.S.H. and teamed with nude heels by Aquazzura, it's a very regal look that we're all going to remember.
Her exact coat isn't available to buy, but click through to make sure this Canadian brand is on your radar. Or with Meghan in mind, wrap up in one of the lookalike coats we've got lined up for you in the edit below.
Close bond: The actress has previously opened up about her parents, who divorced when she was almost six years old (Meghan and Doria are pictured in March 2015)
She told how her father Thomas, a lighting director, and her mother met in the late seventies while Ragland worked temporarily at the same studio as him.
'I like to think he was drawn to her sweet eyes and her Afro, plus their shared love of antiques,' she wrote in an Elle UK essay, in which she reflected on her life as a biracial woman.
'Whatever it was, they married and had me. They moved into a house in The Valley in LA, to a neighbourhood that was leafy and affordable. What it was not, however, was diverse.
'And there was my mom, caramel in complexion with her light-skinned baby in tow, being asked where my mother was since they assumed she was the nanny.'
Most watched News videos
- Donald Trump uses two hands to drink water from glass
- Sheriff reveals horrifying details about woman mauled by dogs
- 'Several people killed' after Amtrak train derails near Seattle
- F***ing joke? Paula Radcliffe's husband on Mo Farah's SPOTY win
- ISIS claims it has hacked US Army sites in new propaganda video
- Thousands turn out to see criminals sentenced and executed
- Shocking footage shows fire breaking out at Cameron House, Scotland
- Saudi air forces intercept ballistic missiles fired by Yemen rebels
- Woman brings BABY into out-of-control brawl at Florida mall
- Terrifying moment plane crashes at airshow in the Russian Arctic
- Fire rages from car after it exploded with driver stuck inside
- Adorable video of husky dog nuzzling up to newborn baby