'Happy for them, truly devastated for me!' Twitter erupts in response to Prince Harry and Meghan engagement... with many hoping for a day off work for their big day
- Social media users quickly reacted to news of Harry and Meghan's engagement
- Many expressed delight, with Holly Willoughby among first to congratulate pair
- Some joked they are devastated that Harry is now officially off the market
And Twitter predictably was set alight by the news that the royal, 33, and the Suits actress, 36, are now officially set to marry next year.
Many expressed their delight at the news, with Holly Willoughby one of the first celebrities to congratulate the couple.
Some joked that they are devastated by the news that Harry, once the most eligible bachelor in the country, is now well and truly off the market.
Others meanwhile are seemingly more concerned about whether we will get a day off work for the royal wedding.
Royal fans are already speculating about the big day, including whether Prince George and Princess Charlotte will have roles.
Social media has erupted following the news of Prince Harry and Meghan's engagement
Many joked that they are devastated by the news, because it means that Harry is officially off the market
Others meanwhile are more concerned about whether they will be getting a day off for the royal wedding
Many used a GIF of Harry's Invictus Games video with the Queen in response to the news
One Meghan fan said she was delighted to be getting 'our very own California princess'
Holly Willougby, Lily Allen and Kirstie Allsopp were among the first celebrities to congratulate the couple on their engagement
Many shared GIFs featuring the Suits actress to express their excitement at the news
British Twitter users questioned whether we will be getting an extra day off work for the couple's big day
Bake Off star Tamal Ray was among those who asked whether the wedding will be declared a public holiday
Twitter users from the US said they should also get the day off work as Meghan is American
Many were very excited about the news, with some already imagining the couple's children
Others joked how their chances with Harry had diminished following the engagement
One person poked fun at Donald Trump's tweet about Time, joking that Harry had called her to say he was 'probably' going to propose
Royal fans are already speculating over what the engagement ring will look like and whether George and Charlotte will have a role in the big day
There were a mixture of reactions to the news, with some saying they were 'squealing' in excitement and others admitted they were getting emotional
Many joked they were devastated that their own chances with Harry were over
Some said they were crying now that the royal is now officially off the market
One bride-to-be joked she'd be devastated if the royal wedding clashed with her own big day
Suits fans also took to Twitter in reaction to the big news, with some upset that the engagement means the actress will no longer star in the TV show
Others were less bothered by the new, despite the overwhelming excitement on Twitter
Most watched News videos
- Donald Trump uses two hands to drink water from glass
- ISIS claims it has hacked US Army sites in new propaganda video
- Sheriff reveals horrifying details about woman mauled by dogs
- F***ing joke? Paula Radcliffe's husband on Mo Farah's SPOTY win
- Saudi air forces intercept ballistic missiles fired by Yemen rebels
- Woman brings BABY into out-of-control brawl at Florida mall
- Terrifying moment plane crashes at airshow in the Russian Arctic
- 'Several people killed' after Amtrak train derails near Seattle
- Adorable video of husky dog nuzzling up to newborn baby
- Shocking footage shows fire breaking out at Cameron House, Scotland
- Thousands turn out to see criminals sentenced and executed
- Fire rages from car after it exploded with driver stuck inside