'I've never experienced anything like it': Dustin Lance Black reveals he is still 'discovering new things' about his husband Tom Daley... shortly after the diver described their marriage as 'far from perfect'
The pair tied the knot in a fairy tale wedding at Bovey Castle in May this year after spending four years together.
The director's exclusive interview followed his 23-year-old husband's discussion on Attitude magazine's podcast, where he defined their marriage as 'not all plain sailing'.
Scroll down for video
Exclusive interview: Dustin Lance Black, 43, confessed he is 'discovering new things' about his husband Tom Daley, 23, in January's issue of Gay Times magazine
In the upcoming edition of Gay Times, the LGBT activist gushed about his relationship with the British diver: 'I feel really lucky.'
He continued: 'We’ve been together now almost five years and I’m still discovering new things about him.
'There’s a constant renewal to our relationship and I’ve never experienced anything like it. It’s really exciting.'
Happy: In the upcoming edition of Gay Times magazine, the LGBT activist gushed about his deep relationship with the British diver
Dustin also made known of his marriage downfalls: 'I mean, we’re certainly not two perfect people. We have fights. Although when we fight, we just get very, very quiet. And then we know we’re in trouble, one or the other!'
He proudly proclaimed: 'We’re certainly not doing it for public approval.'
This candid interview comes after Tom's discussion with Attitude magazine on its podcast earlier this month, where he admitted the couple 'have really tough times and struggles'.
Candid: The interview comes shortly after Tom's discussion with Attitude magazine on its podcast earlier this month, where he admitted the couple 'have really tough times and struggles'
The 2012 Olympic bronze medalist opened up about when the pair lived apart: 'For example we went long distance for a very, very, long time: he was in LA, I was living in London. We would spend sometimes five weeks apart.
'It's something that was really, really tough and we've had to make massive and dramatic changes in our lives in order to be able to live together and see each other all the time...so it's not all plain sailing.'
Their relationship endured a number of setbacks, as the pair had secretly been on a seven-month break after living in separate countries.
The couple enjoyed a romantic Spanish honeymoon in August after their blissful May nuptials.
Fresh marriage: The couple enjoyed a romantic Spanish honeymoon in August after their blissful May nuptials
Most watched News videos
- Police assist security at overcrowded Westfield shopping centre
- Meghan curtsies for The Queen as she leaves Christmas serivice
- Meghan greets well-wishers after Royals attend Christmas service
- Is this Britain's worst parker? Woman's nightmare in tight space
- Meghan joins Royal Family for Christmas service at Sandringham
- Moment Jodie Whittaker makes her first appearance as Doctor Who
- Meghan Markle joins royal family for Sandringham Christmas service
- Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall play Scrabble on Christmas Eve
- The Queen welcomes Meghan Markle to the Royal Family
- Shocking moment antisemitic driver calls Hitler 'a great man'
- Bus ploughs into Moscow underground station killing four people
- Young couple suffer severe injuries after rope jump goes wrong