'Absolutely nothing has been discussed yet' - Loose Women stars will NOT face the axe after former GMTV boss 'is drafted in to u-turn ratings slump'
A talent agent has rubbished claims that celebrity panelists on ITV's Loose Women look set to suffer a shake-up in a dramatic bid to boost ratings.
According to the Sunday People, several members of the current line-up will be dropped in favour of new talent to help u-turn dwindling viewing figures.
Lisa Maxwell, Sherrie Hewson and singer Jamelia Davis were all said to be under threat after it was revealed that the show has lost two thirds of it original audience over the past ten years.
Scroll down for video
Loose: Carol Vorderman, Coleen Nolan, Christine Bleakley, Sally Lindsay and Sherrie Hewson on the show
The storyv added that the only presenters tipped to continue their tenures are Kaye Adams and Jane Moore, who both appeared on the show when it was conceived in 1999.
Nadia Sawalha and Ruth Langsford were also expected to benefit from the revisions.
The news comes after former GMTV boss Martin Frizell was drafted in to save the long-running panel show. He will begin his role on Monday.
New look: Myleene Klass made her Loose Women debut on Thursday afternoon
A source said: 'Martin is a massive hiring for the network and he will not fail at increasing the popularity of Loose Women. He will be starting with immediate effect and is working closely with Helen Warner [who originally launched the series] to make the show great again.'
It follows the departure of Carol McGiffin, Jane MacDonald and Denise Welch who left in recent months. In their place have been a raft of younger talent, including Myleene Klass.
But talent agent Jonathan Shalit denied the claims, arguing that nothing has even been discussed yet.
He told MailOnline: 'Not
only has the new Loose Women boss Martin Frizell yet to start, the head
of daytime at ITV, Helen Warner has openly said she is very pleased
with her recent signings of Myleene Klass and Jamelia. Sherrie Hewson is
also very highly regarded as are the other talent who currently appear
on the Loose Women panel. Albeit undoubtedly Martin Frizell will make
changes, absolutely nothing has been discussed yet.
'In fact Loose Women
has had a bit of a resurgence in recent weeks and many people continue
to love the show’.
Out with the old: Bosses hope to replace 'inane chat about blokes' with 'serious topics'
Most watched News videos
- Footage shows ambulance helping man who had testicle bitten off
- Moment retired vicar marries Romanian partner 55-years his junior
- Chilling moment man tries to abduct a little girl from car
- Hilarious video of man's unfortunate ice skate fail
- This is the trailer for WWII drama 'The Man Who Never Was'
- Winter freeze turns Minneapolis waterfall into solid ice
- Romanian model who married Vicar appears on Romanian TV show
- Sickening moment man brutally shoots bear DEAD with an AK-47
- Lindy Lou Layman in court after arrest for criminal mischief
- Meghan Markle's half-brother says she had a close family
- Pregnant mother found dead after neighbors heard crying toddler
- The horrifying moment grandma on scooter tumbles down escalator