'I'm absolutely in love with it!' Primark sends shoppers into a frenzy with ANOTHER Gucci-inspired handbag - and this one costs just £7
- Primark are selling a £7 handbag that looks just like a £1,210 Gucci product
- Both bags have a beetle design but one is £1,203 more expensive than the other
- The bargain bag inspired a flood of Instagram comments from excited shoppers
Primark devotees have gone wild for its latest designer dupe, which bears a striking resemblance to an insect-embellished Gucci bag - but costs £1,203 less.
The high street retailer has unveiled a black bag with a cross-body strap and a gold beetle detail on its Instagram account - a clear homage to Gucci's beetle and butterfly-embellished version of its wildly popular Marmont design.
But while the coveted Gucci number would set fashion fans back a staggering £1,210, Primark's latest budget-friendly bag costs a mere £7.
It sparked a flood of comments from excited shoppers when Primark teased the bag on its Instagram account - introducing it as 'your new favourite bag'.
Fans described it as 'actually stunning', while one shopper said simply: 'OMG I need this.'
Primark is selling a beetle handbag for just £7 - and it will look rather familiar to Gucci fans
Gucci's beetle and butterfly embellished version of its wildly popular Marmont bag costs £1,210 - that's over £1,200 more than the Primark bag it inspired
Primark announced the drop of the beetle bag on Instagram on Monday.
The faux-leather design features a gold-effect buckle with two matching beetles on top.
The post has since had over 35,000 likes and more than 300 comments, with many of the brand's followers declaring their plans to purchase.
One commented: 'This is actually stunning!'
Primark's Instagram followers flooded their page with comments saying they were desperate to get their own
Others tagged their friends in the post with comments like 'why isn't this here?' and 'find me this bag!'
The pricier Gucci bag is in chevron leather, and decorated with metal animal studs, a suede-like lining and antique gold-toned hardware.
This isn't the first time Primark have released designer-inspired items, with the retailer known for creating some very accurate dupes.
The brand previously released a £6 Minnie Mouse handbag which looked just a £2300 Kate Spade one
They have also released a metallic pair of puts for £14 that bare a striking resemblance to a £685 Saint Laurent pair
The store previously released a £6 Minnie Mouse bag that looked strikingly similar to a £300 one made by Kate Spade.
Primark also released its own version of metallic £685 gold boots by Saint Laurent for just £14.
And bargain-hunters went crazy for a £25 coat that was near identical to a £2,106 number from Acne Studio.
Their £25 shearling winter coat looked very similar to Acne Studios' £2,106 version
Most watched News videos
- The street in Birmingham that makes a family feel TRAPPED
- Terrifying moment machete-wielding gang raid family home
- Snow falls on Windsor Castle as wintry weather grips the South
- Man accused of stealing from bins punched to the ground in street
- Sandra McKenzie's iconic vocals in 1990s Bodyform TV advert
- Dramatic moment 19-year-old man is hit by 'Audi' in Derby
- 'They should be in prison': SAS Hero Bob Curry on Iranian siege
- Truck and van ram into each other during extreme road rage incident
- 'Shoplifting' customer runs at Tesco staff with stick during fight
- Princess Eugenie talks about new sapphire engagement ring
- 'France would probably vote out': President Emmanuel Macron
- Princess Eugenie admits 'love at first sight' with fiancee
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.