Jennifer Aniston's husband Justin Theroux 'blew up' when he found old Post-it notes from Brad Pitt that read 'miss you already' she never threw away
It's not something that would help any relationship.
It has been claimed that Jennifer Aniston's estranged husband Justin Theroux found romantic notes from her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, that were written over a decade ago but she never threw out. And it didn't sit well with The Leftovers actor.
'He stumbled upon old Post-it notes Brad had written,' UsWeekly revealed on Wednesday. They were 'sweet little Post-its like, "You looked nice tonight" or "Miss you already."'
She didn't let go of the past? Justin Theroux found love Post-it notes that his wife Jennifer Aniston kept from her ex, Brad Pitt, UsWeekly claimed; here they are seen in 2013
The source said the effect on the 46-year-old was profound adding: 'Jen assured him they weren’t a big deal, but Justin wasn’t thrilled. Justin had moments of insecurity like that.'
It's not surprising, since Jen and Brad's fans had long hoped for a reconciliation between the two - something made possible after the actor and wife Angelina Jolie split in 2016.
The 49-year-old Friends alum and the star of HBO's The Leftovers announced their split on February 15, in a joint statement.
It read: 'In an effort to reduce any further speculation, we have decided to announce our separation.
'You looked nice tonight': Brad, 54, sent his then wife Jennifer love Post-its during their marriage, which lasted from 2000 to 2005. Here he's seen at a Hollywood event in January
'This decision was mutual and lovingly made at the end of last year. We are two best friends who have decided to part ways as a couple, but look forward to continuing our cherished friendship.'
The duo first met on the set of 2007's Tropic Thunder, which Justin co-wrote. It stars Jen's longtime friend Ben Stiller.
They met up again in 2010 on the set of Wanderlust but kept their relationship under wraps until September, 2011.
They tied the knot in August, 2015 - Justin's first marriage. Jennifer, of course, was previously married to Brad, 54, from 2000 to 2005.
'Two best friends': Justin, 46, and Jennifer, 49, announced their split on February 15
That ended when Brad met Angelina Jolie, his co-star on 2005 blockbuster Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Brad and Angelina, who share children Maddox, 16, Pax, 14, Zahara, 12, Shiloh, 11 and nine-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, called it quits in September 2016 after two years of marriage and 12 years together.
'Jen has struggled with the perception that she is this pathetic woman after the divorce from Brad,' the insider told Us. 'It played a role in her wanting to marry Justin.'
The year before the split: Brad and Jennifer were still happily married when they walked the red carpet at the Emmys in Hollywood in September 2004
Most watched News videos
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau dances the Bhangra
- Emma Chambers as Alice Tinker in BBC's Vicar of Dibley
- Charging lions race towards woman's car before jumping on roof
- Vicar Of Dibley and Notting Hill star Emma Chambers dies aged 53
- Stephen Fry announces he was diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Rita Ora and Liam Payne get raunchy on The Tonight Show
- 'All makes perfect sense' to Liam Payne after reunion with Cheryl
- 'I meant what I said': Jo defends comments about 'nest of immigrants'
- Ellen quizzes Bill Gates on grocery store prices
- Florida high school deputy resigns after not engaging shooter
- Mother and daughter fight off shotgun-wielding robber
- Chris Evans and Billie Piper share awkward moment on radio