Judge denies Kathy Griffin's request for restraining order against neighbor in long-running feud
Kathy Griffin has lost her court fight to obtain a restraining order against her millionaire neighbor.
A judge tossed out her request to keep KB Home CEO Jeffrey Mezger at a distance, TMZ reported Wednesday, in the latest development in the long-running feud between the pair.
The comedienne was also ordered to stop recording audio in addition to video on a security camera after Mezger alleged Griffin was spying on himself and his family, according to the website.
Tossed: Kathy Griffin has lost her court fight to obtain a restraining order against her millionaire neighbor, TMZ reported Wednesday
Feud: A judge tossed out her request to keep KB Home CEO Jeffrey Mezger at a distance in the latest development in the long-running feud between the pair
Griffin and Mezger's disagreement started over noise complaints being made by Griffin and her boyfriend Randy Bick.
Griffin filed a restraining order against him, and he turned around and filed one against her, in September and October respectively.
In October, Metzger said Griffin had been spying on him with electronic devices - just weeks after he was caught calling her a 'bald d**e' and a 'c***' in a profanity-laden rant.
Mezger filed legal documents that said the LAPD told him Griffin and her boyfriend have been using electronic devices to spy on his family's conversations in his backyard, including in his patio and Jacuzzi area, according to TMZ.
However, Griffin countered that the security cameras are there for her protection and sound is only picked up on her property, meaning there is no eavesdropping.
Aggrieved: Griffin and Mezger's disagreement started over noise complaints being made by the comedienne and her boyfriend Randy Bick (pictured together in New York in 2014)
The comic had previously claimed the businessman had thrown trash into her yard, blared Johnny Cash tunes towards her home and yelled profanities at her.
Her boyfriend had also contacted the LAPD to complain about the neighbor's grandchildren for being too loud.
The very public feud begane after Griffin and Bick moved into the area in 2016.
Logs obtained from the homeowners association show that the new, famous neighbor filed noise complaints immediately.
Mezger is believed to have told the HOA that he and his wife don't host parties often and that their new neighbors 'need to adapt.'
The comedienne was also ordered to stop recording audio in addition to video on a security camera after Mezger alleged Griffin was spying on himself and his family, according to TMZ
Most watched News videos
- CCTV footage of acid attack on Katie Piper in 2008
- Have a seat: Shelter pets love their donated chairs
- Surveillance video of helicopter collision in Pasadena, California
- Martin Shkreli's lawyer speaks after Pharma Bro gets 7 years
- CCTV shows Russian spy and daughter with 'mysterious woman'
- Police say veterans home gunman killed all 3 hostages and himself
- Princess runs away from Dubai to escape her controlling father
- Shocking footage shows grandmother being killed in hit-and-run
- Off duty cop harasses group kids and knocks woman to ground
- Footage of drunken man being escorted off Ryanair flight
- Bikini-wearing drunk driver struggles through sobriety test
- Audi driver causes traffic incident with risky manoeuvre