Material Girl meets Mother Of Dragons! Madonna dresses up as Game of Thrones' Daenerys to celebrate Jewish holiday Purim
She's known for parading her seemingly ageless figure in ever more provocative costumes onstage.
But on Saturday Madonna switched out her Material Girl persona for that of another (much more fantastical) character from the trendy and much-beloved HBO series Game Of Thrones.
The 55-year-old pop star took on the role of the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Targaryen, played by actress Emilia Clarke for the the Jewish holiday Purim, which traditionally sees observers masquerading in costumes.
All hail the queen! Madonna wowed fans on Instagram when she revealed her inspired costume choice from Game of Thrones
'Happy Purim!!!!! All Hail All Queens! ##certainty,' the hitmaker posted to Instagram, along with a snap of herself recreating the fictional character.
Emulating the exiled royalty of the Targaryen clan, the blonde beauty donned a leather buckled corset and lacy top as she wore her locks in tangles over her chest.
Sporting brass bracelets on her wrists, the star completed her Game Of Thrones persona with twin dragon figurines on her shoulders.
Superfan? The pop icon recreated Emilia Clarke's hit HBO character
The Jewish holiday Purim - which commemorates the salvation of the Jewish people in the ancient Persian Empire - may be especially prevalent for Madonna, whose Hebrew name is Esther.
By her outfit choice, it seems that Esther's timely biblical book came to mind.
The story tells how a gorgeous Jewish orphan girl (Esther) was chosen to be the queen of the Persian empire.
Costume party: The star posted another snap with a masked friend, as she wowed in her buckled corset for the Jewish festival of Purim
'When a decree is issued demanding that all Jews be killed, Esther successfully averts the crisis and saves her people. The topsy-turvy, carnivalesque celebration of Purim commemorates the dramatic turn of events recounted throughout the book,' reports Fox News.
Madonna - who similar to Esther, has broken ground in the music arena amid obstacles - has been quite public about her faith in the Jewish religion, mostly her regular practice of Kabbalah - a form of Jewish mysticism.
In keeping with her studies, the star no longer gives concerts on Friday night, as it is the onset of Shabbat, and wears a red string around her left wrist for protection and to ward off the 'Evil Eye.'
The Lucky Star sing became attracted to the offshoot of Judaism in the 1990s, and it has been claimed it was a way for her to deal with her worldwide fame.
Showing her faith: Madonna regularly wears a red string bracelet to represent her Kabbalistic beliefs
Most watched News videos
- Pedestrian bridge in Florida collapses, trapping cars underneath
- Shocking video shows Danry Vasquez beating his girlfriend
- What went wrong? Timelapse shows construction of collapsed bridge
- Virgin stewardess confronts couple caught in plane toilet sex act
- Tomi Lahren talks about kicking her dog five times
- Shocking footage shows inside of cat meat farm in Vietnam
- Bystander shares video of deadly bridge collapse in Florida
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Aftermath of bridge collapse at FIU
- 'They have a week to leave': UK will expel 23 Russian diplomats
- Trump says it 'looks like the Russians were behind' spy poisoning
- Danry Vasquez proposes to his girlfriend AFTER stairwell attack
- Surveillance video shows Parkland deputy outside during shooting