Alex Jones, 40, celebrates her son's first birthday with an adorable family photo (as she admits having a baby was 'the steepest of learning curves' in searingly honest Instagram post)
- Alex Jones called her first year of motherhood 'the steepest of learning curves'
- The 40-year-old shared an adorable photo to mark her son Teddy's first birthday
- The TV presenter said she and her husband were 'so grateful' to have him
Like any proud mother, presenter Alex Jones was keen to mark her baby's first birthday in a special way.
And the first-time mother chose to do so with a searingly honest Instagram post on Monday.
The One Show presenter, 40, shared an image of her family looking out into the sea, admitting that motherhood was 'the steepest of learning curves'.
She revealed how 'grateful' she and her husband are to have her son Teddy in their lives, and said they 'can't believe' the little boy is already one.
Alex Jones, 40, shared an adorable family photo to celebrate her son Teddy's first birthday
The TV presenter said her first year of motherhood had been 'the steepest of learning curves'
Wearing a green mini-dress, Alex tenderly wrapped her arm around her insurance broker husband Charlie Thomson as he held Teddy close.
In the adorable snap the trio are seen taking in the sea views on a luxurious-looking holiday.
Alex shared the precious picture to mark her son's first birthday earlier today.
She captioned the image: 'We can't believe that our little boy is 1 today. What a year it's been. Teddy has brought more love to our lives than we thought possible. It's also been the steepest of learning curves.
She also called the adorable little boy a 'tiny man so big in personality' in the sweet post
Teddy is Alex's first child with her insurance broker husband Charlie Thomson, who she married in 2015
'We're so grateful for having this tiny man so big in personality in our world. Happy birthday little Ted.'
She finished the post with a birthday message in Welsh, which she is fluent in.
She wrote 'Penblwydd hapus Cariad', which translates to 'Happy Birthday, darling'.
Alex has been very open about her experiences with motherhood, and previously revealed her struggles to lose weight after giving birth to Teddy.
She previously opened up about her struggle to lose weight after giving birth, saying 'nothing quite looked the same'
The notoriously private star has kept Teddy's face hidden in her social media pictures
She told OK! Magazine: 'When I went back to work, my clothes didn't fit. It was really hard trying on one thing after the other and nothing looking quite the same.'
'Your bone structure and shape changes too and no amount of dieting will fix that.'
The Welsh beauty also revealed that glamorous snaps of celebrity Mums that have snapped back into shape may not be all they seem.
She added: 'But in a lot of those celebrity mum photos, there's a lot of Spanx and dark colours. Underneath we're all looking a bit like a melted ice cream!'
Alex has said she doesn't mind her body being different as 'life isn't just about me any more'
Alex announced Teddy's arrival in a live telephone call to The One Show in January last year, after marrying Charlie in 2015.
The TV personality also discussed her experience of motherhood in an interview with The Daily Mail's You magazine.
She said: 'I don't look the same as I did but I'm all right about that – life isn't just about me any more.
'I don't care if I'm a bit wobbly or look more tired, because it's all part of the fun of being a parent; it's a badge of honour.'
Most watched News videos
- Shocking moment police take down man attacking them with sword
- Whistleblower claims outreach group was coordinated by Vote Leave
- Police hunt man behind vicious bottle attack outside London bar
- Moment owl goes rogue and attacks best man during wedding ceremony
- Truck driver films aftermaths of two-lorry crash on the M25
- Moment reckless driver gets caught speeding over level crossing
- Shocking video shows shop sign used as a weapon in London street fight
- First direct flight between Australia and UK takes off
- Inside first non-stop flight from Australia to UK as it lands
- Moment young girl 'sexually assaulted' by OAP in China
- University lecturer attacked at wheel of his car in London
- Qantas makes first landing from direct Australia to London flight