Revealed: President Trump spent $27,000 of taxpayer money to track media reports the day after Stormy Daniels sued him over alleged affair
- The president's office made the payment to TVEyes, a company that monitors media coverage on TV, radio and print using certain keywords
- However, the documents from the Federal Procurement data system, obtained by TMZ, don't reveal what stories exactly the president wanted to track
- The Executive Office of the President approved the expense on March 7, the day Daniels filed a lawsuit over a confidentiality agreement with Trump's lawyer
- The adult film star alleges she had an affair with the president in 2006 and signed the agreement shortly before the 2016 presidential election
- The $27,025 payment is 'by far' the most Trump's office has spent on the company's services
President Donald Trump used taxpayer money to track media reports just one day after adult film star Stormy Daniels sued him over their alleged affair, new documents reveal.
The president's office made the payment to TVEyes, a company that monitors media coverage on TV, radio and print using certain keywords, according to documents from the Federal Procurement data system obtained by TMZ.
The documents, however, don't reveal what stories exactly the president wanted to track, but say the payment was for 'Support - Management: Public Relations.'
President Donald Trump's office made a $27,025 payment to a media monitoring company the day after Stormy Daniels filed a lawsuit related to their alleged affair in 2006
Trump made the payment to TVEyes, a company that monitors media coverage on TV, radio and print using keywords (pictured is Daniels during an explosive 60 Minutes interview)
The Executive Office of the President approved the expense on March 7, the day after Daniels filed a lawsuit asking a judge to declare her confidentiality agreement with Trump lawyer Michael Cohen invalid.
He lawyer Michael Avenatti has argued that the 'hush agreement' Daniels signed in October 2016 is invalid because it was not signed by Trump.
On Thursday, a California judge denied Daniels' request to depose President Trump in the case, calling her legal move 'premature.'
Daniels alleges she was paid $130,000 for signing the non-disclosure agreement just before the presidential election.
During an explosive 60 Minutes interview, she said she felt pressured to sign the agreement and has since been threatened to keep quiet about the alleged extramarital affair.
The documents from the Federal Procurement data system obtained by TMZ don't reveal what stories exactly the president wanted to track (Trump and Daniels are pictured together)
Daniels' lawyer Michael Avenatti has argued that the 'hush agreement' she signed in October 2016 is invalid because it was not signed by Trump
Cohen has said then-candidate Trump was unaware that he was making a payment to the porn star in exchange for her signing a non-disclosure agreement to keep quiet about an alleged sexual encounter that occurred in 2006.
On Saturday, Daniel's lawyer doubled down on his claim that they will not settle the case out of court.'
Avenatti tweeted: Be clear: We will NEVER accept any settlement, regardless of the amount of money, that does not include Mr. Cohen and Mr. Trump coming 100% (meaning 100%) clean with the American people.
'People that say this is about money haven’t been paying attention.'
TMZ points out the $27,025 payment is not only 'by far' the most Trump's office has spent on the company's services, but it's also the largest payment the Executive Office has ever made to TVEyes since they began working with the White House in 2011.
The White House has not yet commented on the TMZ report.
Most watched News videos
- Police officers confront Alton Sterling before fatal shooting
- Shocking bodycam video of police fatally shooting Alton Sterling
- Shocking moment man smashes bus drivers head in with brick
- Police arrest mother who was 'smoking drugs' with child in the car
- Shocking moment man is shot dead after pulling gun at traffic stop
- Shocking surveillance footage shows fatal ATM shooting in Miami
- Stephon Clark's brother has tense moment with Al Sharpton
- Family of 8 dies after car mysteriously falls off cliff
- Group including Allison Mack chases car carrying sex cult leader
- Squirrel who lost his front paws gets a second chance
- James Packer checks into The Pavilion at McLean Hospital
- Donald Trump Jr.'s daughter Chloe practices her golf swing
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.